Thread: White dumpy terrarium setup help

poaponies

Default White dumpy terrarium setup help

I have a 20 gallon glass aquarium and i have 2 white dumpy and i know a little of whats is needed like the water and having the moss,but i need help in what i should have to make my frogs comfortable and make the cage look cool. If you have picture of your terrarium that would be great.
    P.s.
    Thanks for reading and trying to help me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

spooky

Default Re: White dumpy terrarium setup help

Your frogs would really benefit from having plenty of vines and plants (artificial are fine) to climb on. And they look pretty cool too!! In my terrarium I have a large vine, a large piece of cork bark to climb, 4 artificial plants, a dragon tree and an imitation rock background as well as 2 water dishes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Julia

My whites adore their exo terra waterfall.
    Exo Terra terrarium Waterfall with water pump "Medium" on eBay.ca (item 150300543597 end time 22-Feb-10 20:07:47 EST)

Also some whites like to sleep under things, so a cave of some sort on the bottom of the cage would make them happy.

Here is a pic of one of my frog enclosures.

im not sure if you have babies or what. if i were you i wouldnt use any ground. or moss. put some heavy duty plants in there some wood and water put paper towels on the bottoms so the food can hide. they really dont need moss or ground cover just plants some wood to clim on. heat water. feed them twice a week and you should be good. sometime doll normal is better then nice. your frogs wont tell the difference. Im going to chance my cages into this because it seems like my frogs are having a hard time catching there food with soil on the bottoms.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by offroad537 View Post
    im not sure if you have babies or what. if i were you i wouldnt use any ground. or moss. put some heavy duty plants in there some wood and water put paper towels on the bottoms so the food can hide. they really dont need moss or ground cover just plants some wood to clim on. heat water. feed them twice a week and you should be good. sometime doll normal is better then nice. your frogs wont tell the difference. Im going to chance my cages into this because it seems like my frogs are having a hard time catching there food with soil on the bottoms.
    Hey there,

The coco husk at the bottom of my tank lasted a week. It has since been replaced by stone tiles. I can actually keep the tank clean now, before the husk was EVERYWHERE! My whites are all full grown, but I hand feed them. A couple of them are much better hunters then the rest, and were getting too fat. I decided its easiest to keep track of many crickets each is getting this way.

Kurt

I have coconut bedding in the majority of my frog enclosures without any problem. I used to keep paper towels in some of my treefrog cages, but it wouldn't take to long for them to get disgusting. The white paper towels would often turn yellow and sometimes have purple or red patches. That can't be good!

If you want to avoid the coconut from being dragged all over the place, try placing leaf litter on top of it. Some of my enclosures have leaf litter in them and has worked out great thus far. You can get some Josh's Frogs http://www.joshsfrogs.com/category/66/Leaf-Litter. I use the oak leaves he sells. I also use some Indian almond leaves that I bought from Black Jungle for subtrate, but mostly I use these leaves for "tadpole tea"

I have tried oak leaves from the yard in a cage of native salamanders, but it rotted too quickly. Leaves I had thrown in there last November are almost completely gone now. The oak leaves that Josh sells are supposed to last much longer.

Thread Information