Thread: Amazing transformation!

FLUXCORE

Default Amazing transformation!

My frog has changed so much in the few weeks I've had him from this to this his head has exploded with growth and his back legs are getting thick and very strong! I feed him a very diverse diet and give him a warm bath at least once / twice a week, he usually falls right to sleep lol. Another thing his back lines have become raised and very pronounced, he is a tank.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pheathers

Default Re: Amazing transformation!

Nice frog! Do you keep him on cocofiber? I have mine in a water set up, and was thinking of switching to cocofiber.

FLUXCORE

Quote Originally Posted by Pheathers View Post
    Nice frog! Do you keep him on cocofiber? I have mine in a water set up, and was thinking of switching to cocofiber.
    Yup coco fibre, he has a bathing area but really lives to dig rarely sitting in one hole more then a few hrs before starting a new one lol I fill them in a few times a week. I looked at an all water set up but I would need the filter system and am not big on the constant sound of a mini waterfall (drove me nuts as a kid) I'm sticking to what I got. I'm grabbing a higher container tomorrow he's just gotten so big so fast.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

He is a handsome boy! How big is he now? SVL

FLUXCORE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    He is a handsome boy! How big is he now? SVL
    not sure, last time I checked just over 5" it has to be more now. He has really put on mass fast just in the last week or so it's almost frightening how fast these frogs grow. I looked at a multivitamin powder for him but decided all he needs is his calcium with vitimin D, seems to be doing fine so far. Who knows mabye I should get some.

Nationality
    [Canada]

He is going to be a monster! A vitamin powder couldn't hurt. I use RepCal's Herptivite. If you are offering a good variety of foods maybe dust once a week? I have heard lots of good things about Repashy's Calcium plus. It has the calcium and vitamins all in one. Does your calcium have D3?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Amazing transformation!

He got huge! Very nice looking male, hope he don't eat ya out of house and home like my guy does!

I use the Repashy calcium plus with all of my pets, the stuff is amazing. Simple to use, you can use it every feeding if you want (I don't, too paranoid about OD'ing them all), and is, in my opinion, the highest quality calcium/multivitamin on the market.

He'll probably like a very large water dish. I'm using an extra large corner dish, holds about a gallon of water and my guy loves it! He's about the same size as yours.

How old is he? If you know anyway..

FLUXCORE

He is going to be a monster! A vitamin powder couldn't hurt. I use RepCal's Herptivite. If you are offering a good variety of foods maybe dust once a week? I have heard lots of good things about Repashy's Calcium plus. It has the calcium and vitamins all in one. Does your calcium have D3?
    Ya it's calcium with D3, ill look at some vitamins on Thursday. He had crickets and phoenix worms tonight, earth worms yesterday and I have 3 monster 4" horn worms for tomorrow chillin out eating spinach leaves. Wow Phoenix worms are a rip off, won't be doing that again.

Nationality
    [Canada]

You can feed hornworms spinach leaves? I did not know that...

FLUXCORE

You can feed hornworms spinach leaves? I did not know that...
    They love it

Nationality
    [Canada]

Sweet! So when I start breeding them I don't need to buy that 'hornworm food'... Thank you!!!

Pheathers

How old is your froggie? I had mine since he was a froglet, this July. He grew like mad, but seems to have stopped. His appetite isn't what it use to be either. Don't know if they go thru phases of "unhunger". He gets regular supplements too.

FLUXCORE

I've had him for only a month!! The pet store I got him from said they had him for 3 months but I never got a definitive answer with dates. I do know he was only feed 3 crickets a day while they had him, I've increased that a bit

FLUXCORE

I've notice my frogs lower teeth like projections are tiny bumps lol at what age does a pixe really start to develop them?

Nationality
    [United States]

They should have them pretty early. At 5 inches they should be easily distinguishable as 3 protrusions. Some frogs even show through the gums pretty early. My big guy is a litlte bigger than your frog. Check my post of him shedding. Thats how big thier odontoids (lower teeth...but not really teeth) should be at 6 or so inches. I imagine calcium has a bit to do with the development of these bony protrusions.
    Thanks
    DW

FLUXCORE

It's only been just over two weeks since I put up my transformation thread, since then I've been feeding mostly large hornworms (5 a day) and have started a multivitamin powder. My frog is turning out to be a freak in size, it seems not even possible or realistic how big he's gotten in such a short amount of time. Also he croaks at around 3:00 am EVERY night waking up us and our girls, it's loud we're going to put him in the basement this weekend. Ill be posting pics tomorrow so stay tuned you won't believe it lol.

DaysiC1

Hi, just got a pixie and s/he is great....someone here stated that they give them a bath?!?!?!?! HOW????????

Thread Information