Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help. I think it's dropsy. :(

Rorschach

Default Re: Please help. I think it's dropsy. :(

He's still doing ok. He's definitely eating, which is super! We did a third paracentesis last night. He's not getting any bigger, but not losing any of the fluid on his own either. I've fed the metromed to the crickets to get it to him that way, since he won't eat it, and have seen no change. Not sure what else to do at this point. It's been a few weeks and he's still active, eating, and looking pretty good except for the bloat! We'll just keep slowly draining the fluid once a week or so I suppose. Maybe since the metromed is being delivered in such tiny doses is why it isnt effective. I dont know any other way, though. His mouth is so small and fragile I'm really afraid of trying to force feed it and am not going to attempt it. I've read that it's a very long, slow healing process that takes several weeks or even months, so I'm not too concerned at this point. Thanks for asking. I'll let you know if there are any major developments. Hopefully some miracle will occur and this will all be over soon, but for now, he's doing just fine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rorschach

Hello. Just thought I'd send an update. Rorschach is still doing well a year and a half later with no recurrence of the swelling. We drained the fluid maybe a half dozen times over several weeks, applied antibiotic ointment to the needle hole, gave a few baths with treated water, and he's been well ever since. I'm much more mindful of changing his water regularly and keeping his habitat clean as well. Anyway, just thought I'd put a message up in case someone is having the same problem with their frog and looking for solutions online, like I was.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Glad your frog survived and is doing well !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

So glad to hear he is doing well thank you for the update

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information