Thread: (Pics) frog is growing fast now, boy or girl still no croak and months + old

FLUXCORE

Default (Pics) frog is growing fast now, boy or girl still no croak and months + old

My frog still hasen't croaked ??? im not sure if its a boy or girl, its growing like a bad weed in the 3 weeks ive had it and im guessing its at least a few months old now. Any one, I thought a boy but its not croaking, not a sound ever.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ejh805

Default Re: (Pics) frog is growing fast now, boy or girl still no croak and months + old

Pretty sure you've got a male. Congrats!

FLUXCORE

Default Re: (Pics) frog is growing fast now, boy or girl still no croak and months + old

Quote Originally Posted by ejh805 View Post
    Pretty sure you've got a male. Congrats!
    Why hasn't it croaked? How old does a male get before it croaks. The massive male owned at a pet store I visited yesterday started croaking after 3-4 months. It's a very cool buddy, I actually look forward to see it after work lol. I'm compleatly cool with a girl I'm just interested in finding out.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That definitely looks like a male to me too! He's got a nice fat head on him! Very nice! Not sure why it's not croaking.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default (Pics) frog is growing fast now, boy or girl still no croak and months + old

He's a male for sure
    Sometimes they only let out one croak, and that's it. And that can happen while you're sleeping is away.

Nationality
    [Canada]

in agreement - you have a pretty boy
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

arielgasca420

check for nuptial pads to be sure it is a male

FLUXCORE

Quote Originally Posted by arielgasca420 View Post
    check for nuptial pads to be sure it is a male
    Anyone have pics of nuptial pads handy so I know what to look for

Nationality
    [Canada]

with the head/body ratio, and head shape like that no need to check for anything - that is a 100% boy!
    how big he is right now? most staring croaking at 5.5", but some do that earlier or later, but have no doubts he will do that you can play him youtube video of other pixies calling, sometimes they respond. usually they call more during breeding season or when barometric pressure outside is changing. When I hear all my frogs croaking a lot - 100% guarantee it is going to rain/snow soon.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

FLUXCORE

Finally lol, my frog started croaking last night, I'm pleased its a boy but would have kept a girl just the same. Once he got a rhythm going it would go on for 3-5 min at a time lol it's not as deep as some I've seen on utube but maybe that comes with age. I'm going to try and make a vid tonight so stay tuned.

ejh805

Quote Originally Posted by FLUXCORE View Post
    I'm going to try and make a vid tonight so stay tuned.
    Looking forward to it!

Thread Information