Thread: Bronze Pacman?

Helios

Default Bronze Pacman?

Let me just give a quick preface: I don't think this violates any of the forum terms, if it does my sincere apologies, just let me know. That said, I can't help but notice how overwhelmingly popular this type of frog seems to be! Being more accustomed to the reptile world, it wasn't somethign I previously realized! So, of the amphibians I've been considering sculpting in the next sevreal months, this is a type I've seriosuly consdiered. Would anyone on the forums who's into this type of frog be interested in owning a bronze sculpture of a pacman? The price range would be a lot more affordable than you might imagine bronze is. If this is something one or two people would seriously be interested in, it'll push the project up my priority list. I don't have any deisgns drawn up or anythign, but if you are intersted and would like to see something of that order before committing, I'd be happy to provide it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wizzlewuzzle

Can you give a rough idea of the cost of an item like this?

Helios

Default Re: Bronze Pacman?

For sure!

So size is really the determining factor here. If I do somethign about full grown pacman size, my though is that it would be a sculpture valued at between $500.00-$600.00. Despite that, what I would do is offer a precast special. What that means is that the first 10 people to reserve one before any of the edition has been cast would get it for between $300-$400 (again size is the biggest factor here). The final design could vary it a little bit depend on whether the frog is sculpted onto something etc., but that's the range I'd like to shoot for. If you're seriously interested I also accept payments on pieces if you'd like to space things out.
    I usually do editions of 50 castings of any given sculpture, and again the precast discount will extend to the first 10 people to reserve one, haha unless I get a flood of interest.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would be interested in frog sculpture pacman or even better waxy sitting on a perch :lol: but price range is way over i'd be willing to pay.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Helios

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    I would be interested in frog sculpture pacman or even better waxy sitting on a perch :lol: but price range is way over i'd be willing to pay.
    Lol yeah, You could definitly buy a real one for a lot less than that.
    Haha I'm actually almost done with a waxy on a perch though....

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

would you post a pic please when you're done
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Helios

For sure!

Helios

Hm, then again if enough people were interested in something closer to the $60.00 range I could even do a smaller species of frog... Haha I'd be up for either, I love sculpting frogs.

Wizzlewuzzle

Default Bronze Pacman?

Maybe still a Pacman but scaled down to a size that would be in the $60 range? Just a thought.

Helios

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzlewuzzle View Post
    Maybe still a Pacman but scaled down to a size that would be in the $60 range? Just a thought.
    I can definitly do that! So here's my finalized plan: I'll do a pacman of a size I'd value at $100.00, but it will be available to any member of Frog Forum for $60.00 and will be an open edition. That way anyone here intersted can get it for that price!

Helios

So one more little extra enticement before I get started sculpting... While the type of Pacman can't be tailored to a specific speices after I do the sculpture, I can do pretty much any "morph" you might wnat for the patina. Keep in mind though with patinas on bronze, that it won't look like the liertal pattern and color you'd see on a real pacman.

Thread Information