Thread: An Escape!

HerpDerp

Exclamation An Escape!

My new WTF, Lrrr escaped sometime last night . My boyfriend found him in the bathroom early this morning. I'm not sure how long he was out, but the guess is about two hours because the cat was meowing like crazy around 5. We just shut him in the other room and didn't think much of it. I was really mad at myself when I figured out how he got out. I have plastic wrap taped to one half of the top and the tape caught and it didn't shut all the way. I've never had this happen before and of course it had to happen with my new frog who is still adjusting!

When I found him I soaked him in luke warm water to rinse off debris (cat hair, bird feathers, you name it). I think he took refuge under the baseboard heater to keep warm because not only was he covered in hair but he had a lot of little surface scratches on him. So once I got him cleaned up I soaking him in lukewarm water with honey for 15 minutes. He seems very alert and energetic. I'm just worried about those scratches. I'll definitely post a picture later when he's settled down but are surface scratches anything to worry about? They don't even look like they've broken skin. He was bright green when I found him (go figure) and the scratches were gray in color. His nose was a bit scratched up too (probably from pushing through the crack in the top). Do these need to be treated with anything? I don't have plain neosporin but I can (and probably should) get some easy enough.

Thanks for any help! I don't know what I would do without this forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

EJT97

Default Re: An Escape!

WTFs are very hardy and should be fine, I only have had my WTFs for 3 months and haven't experienced any injuries yet so sorry I wouldn't know, but I think that they will need to be treated from what I have read though, but the noesporin features a lot when healing injuries, it would be good if someone with more experience can answer though just to see if I am right!

HerpDerp

Well here is a picture:
    Name:  2012-10-31_08-10-57_559.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.6 KB
    It's not a great picture but you can see the scratches on his back and maybe a little bit on his nose. He's still pretty dirty too even though I tried to get him clean. He's back to being burrowed behind a plant. I have the front of the tank covered too now so hopefully he settles down. Still not sure if I should be using neosporin on his scratches or not?

He looks pretty good for his ordeal i've never had to deal with a frog injury, but i would imagine the neosporin wouldn't hurt. If not for any other reason than to ward of any possible infection. But they are hardy creatures, remember, mine was missing for 2 weeks and recovered like it never happened. Good luck with him. I'm sure he'll be fine. He has a great mommy caring for him
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

EJT97

If you do use it definitely do NOT get it in the frogs eyes!!,

HerpDerp

Quote Originally Posted by deranged chipmunk View Post
    He looks pretty good for his ordeal i've never had to deal with a frog injury, but i would imagine the neosporin wouldn't hurt. If not for any other reason than to ward of any possible infection. But they are hardy creatures, remember, mine was missing for 2 weeks and recovered like it never happened. Good luck with him. I'm sure he'll be fine. He has a great mommy caring for him
    Thanks for the reassurance! The first thing I thought of when he was found was how good it was that he was only out for a couple hours! I can't really figure out why he was so nice and bright green when he was found. I'm just SO glad the cat didn't get him. It's too bad his debut on frog forum is under these circumstances, but since it's here, does he look skinny. I think he looks super skinny, but maybe he just needs to fill out?

He/she does look a bit thin, but he looks to still be a youngster. How old is he/she? Maybe you should offer him a philly cricketsteak.......lol
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

HerpDerp

I'm not 100% sure of age but they first arrived at the pet store about two month ago (best guess) and they were about an inch long. I had been keeping an eye on them there in case I didn't find one at the expo (which I didn't). I ended up getting one of the biggest ones there at an inch and a half or so. I got a larger one hoping for a female and hoping for it to grow fast enough to put him with Glurmo after a month. I know it's a he because he croaks... often lol. Usually my bird or the baseboards set him off lol. I've been feeding him three small crickets a night. I'm hoping he puts one the weight pretty quickly. I'm also dusting with every feeding since I'm sure he didn't get enough calcium at the pet store. Once he settles down I'll try cut night crawlers! fingers crossed on that one!

HerpDerp

An update: He looks fantastic, all things considered! He has put on a little weight already and the scratches are barely visible. He also seems to be calming down a little bit. Now I just hope he grows FAST!

Good news, good news!! Glad to hear he's recovering well. always stay positive
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri