Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adopted Albino Pacman Frog Help

Pruvmerong

Default Re: Adopted Albino Pacman Frog Help

Some pictures of my Pacman as I cleaned her enclosure last night. She was being pretty aggressive so I didn't want to get too close. Does this mean she's hungry and ready to eat again? I fed her an adult mouse last Thursday November 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

She is probably hungry again.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    She is probably hungry again.
    Grif is right, it's been a week since, just don't do mice again, offer nighcrawlers, i'd say she would probably eat 5-6 of them.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Pruvmerong

I'm picking up some earthworms tomorrow and I was wondering how often I should feed her. I get twenty-five I think.. do I feed her a couple daily? Is twenty-five like a weeks worth of food? I fed her three horn-worms on Saturday and she gobbled them up like it was nothing. I just threw the worm on her face and she just swallowed them.

Also.. do I NEED to dig her up when I feed her? It seems like she keeps her head exposed watching for food to pass by.. I've fed her both ways but I just wanted to make sure if it matters.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Pruvmerong View Post
    I'm picking up some earthworms tomorrow and I was wondering how often I should feed her. I get twenty-five I think.. do I feed her a couple daily? Is twenty-five like a weeks worth of food? I fed her three horn-worms on Saturday and she gobbled them up like it was nothing. I just threw the worm on her face and she just swallowed them.

Also.. do I NEED to dig her up when I feed her? It seems like she keeps her head exposed watching for food to pass by.. I've fed her both ways but I just wanted to make sure if it matters.
    As long as she has her head out you can place the food infront of her and she should grab them on her own. You can feed her probably 4 night crawlers every couple days. I have a large female that will eat 4 to 5 on a daily basis even though that isn't necessary. Every couple days is fine.

Pruvmerong

As long as she has her head out you can place the food infront of her and she should grab them on her own. You can feed her probably 4 night crawlers every couple days. I have a large female that will eat 4 to 5 on a daily basis even though that isn't necessary. Every couple days is fine.
    So how frequently should I buy a container of 25 earthworms? I have to pre-order them unless someone on here from Calgary can supply me with a local source.

Could I also feed her a mouse in-between each container of worms? I don't really want to totally remove mice from her diet because I'm pretty sure she loves them.

perfectlypierced

I've read no more than once a month for rodents. I'm not 100% on that though.

Nationality
    [Canada]

glad she eats everything
    why would you need preorder? confused, go to any bait store and get it anytime, or if you want pay less go to riverfront, 30ct a worm ( -10% discount if you're member)you can buy as many as you want, they always have them.

mouse - max 1 a month, based on her size she could probably eat 5-10 nightcrawlers per feeding.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Pruvmerong

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    glad she eats everything
    why would you need preorder? confused, go to any bait store and get it anytime, or if you want pay less go to riverfront, 30ct a worm ( -10% discount if you're member)you can buy as many as you want, they always have them.

mouse - max 1 a month, based on her size she could probably eat 5-10 nightcrawlers per feeding.
    I went to J&J's on the weekend to check it out and get some of those hornworms. I was told by one of the employees you basically had to feed the hornworms right away because you can't store them in the fridge like earthworms. I bought three hornworms and decided to get earthworms. They said I had to preorder earthworms so I did. Pisces didn't have earthworms so I thought maybe they weren't easy to get. I also heard buying "bait" worms could contain chemicals *shrug* so I thought it was safe to pre-order them J&J's.

Nationality
    [Canada]

go to riverfront or any fishing store - they called dew worms here. At J&J out of food I'm buying only hormworms, they are the biggest and least expensive here.

Pruvmerong

So I got some night crawlers. I don't think my frog likes them very well. She'll only eat one at a time. I picked up a container of 25 worms 5 days ago and so far she's eaten two (And one hornworm). Is this normal transitioning from a mouse diet? When she eats one she shows no interest in eating another. I'll rub a second worm on her mouth and she'll just bat at it with her hands.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Pruvmerong View Post
    So I got some night crawlers. I don't think my frog likes them very well. She'll only eat one at a time. I picked up a container of 25 worms 5 days ago and so far she's eaten two (And one hornworm). Is this normal transitioning from a mouse diet? When she eats one she shows no interest in eating another. I'll rub a second worm on her mouth and she'll just bat at it with her hands.
    Thats fine. Adults can be pretty good at regulating their food intake. If she only eats one then offer another the next day or maybe even one every other day. Eventually she may eat more. If the Night Crawlers are large thats even better. My oldest female only eats one every other day to every two days and she is completely healthy.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thats fine. Adults can be pretty good at regulating their food intake. If she only eats one then offer another the next day or maybe even one every other day. Eventually she may eat more. If the Night Crawlers are large thats even better. My oldest female only eats one every other day to every two days and she is completely healthy.
    Trevor only eats about 2 nightcrawlers every other day, and she stays at a good weight.

Nationality
    [United States]

Wow my little one has a huge appetite than the past couple days he's been taking down 2-2 1/2 nightcrawlers a night and the occasional dubia nymph for an appetizer
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM1 View Post
    Wow my little one has a huge appetite than the past couple days he's been taking down 2-2 1/2 nightcrawlers a night and the occasional dubia nymph for an appetizer
    Sounds like your little guy is having a growth spurt.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yes he been growing a lot just starting to pass the 2.5" mark when I measured last night
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Pruvmerong

Seems like my pacman is acting a little lazier then usual. It hasn't moved much in two weeks. I'm a bit concerned since it's only eaten 2 nightcrawlers in almost 3 weeks. I'm posting this because I went out today and bought her a mouse to eat because I figured she's hungry. I put the mouse in the enclosure and she didn't seems interested at all.

Here's why I'm concerned. She's keeping her eyes closed a lot. Normally she kinda lays there with her eyes half open. Usually when I mist the tank I squirt her a bit and she perks right up. Eyes get wide and sometimes sits up a bit. Lately when I mist the tank she hasn't been doing that. I bought a different kind of conditioner and been using it for the past two weeks. The water turns a bit brown and bubbles a bit. My other conditioner didn't do that. I'm going to attach some photos for some references.

Attachment 43618Attachment 43619Attachment 43620

Nationality
    [Canada]

I can't open attachment, but conditioner that turns water brownish and bubbles doesn't seem right. what kind/brand is that? can you take a pic?

but something off is going on and i have a feeling that it is because of your conditioner. Would you please answer to Troubles in the enclosure questions to make sure everything is covered.

Nationality
    [United States]

Something is wrong with you attachments and they will not open.

Get a new conditioner. That is not right at all. The water should remain clear after being treated.

Pruvmerong

I'll try uploading the pictures again. I included a picture of the conditioner I started using too. I've looked at that troubles in the enclosure template and I'm pretty sure it's nothing there. I'm more interested in this conditioner more then anything.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  90.5 KBName:  photo2.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  82.0 KBName:  photo3.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  83.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information