Thread: Changing colors?

Sadam

Default Changing colors?

So my pacman is growing I had him since December 2011

I dunno why he's getting so light, I thought he was supposed to be an ornate pacman which have muddier colors on them. Or I think they do anyways from everyone's photos.

the photo shows him now, i can't find previous photos of him for some reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pluke

Default Re: Changing colors?

I'm pretty sure that's a C. Cranwelli, not a C. Ornata. Pacman frogs do tend to change their colors with age and they like to blend in with their substrate.

Sadam

Quote Originally Posted by Pluke View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a C. Cranwelli, not a C. Ornata. Pacman frogs do tend to change their colors with age and they like to blend in with their substrate.

Ah, i was told Ornate lol so...

Glad to know that thanks

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Pluke is spot on. C. Cranwelli all the way. You'll notice many color changes as they grow. Most will darken and a few will become lighter or even brighter as they grow. He/she does look sort of pale and a little thin.

What do you feed him/her? Do you use vitamin and calcium supplements?

Sadam

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Pluke is spot on. C. Cranwelli all the way. You'll notice many color changes as they grow. Most will darken and a few will become lighter or even brighter as they grow. He/she does look sort of pale and a little thin.

What do you feed him/her? Do you use vitamin and calcium supplements?

I feed crickets, my mother in law says no roaches. Jabbah doesn't eat the calcium dusted crickets, I tried that before and he wont eat supplements. Its one picky frog, he also doesn't like things in his tank :/ he screams if you put plants in it which is ridiculous I have never heard of a pacman doing that before. I don't know why it stresses him out so he has a lot of moist dirt to burrow in. I can try earth worms, and maybe some softer worms for him or something. I got him from a petsmart when he was small enough to be in one of those tiny critter keepers.

Pluke

Lol, he screams when you put plants in his tank?! That's crazy. A plant must have traumatized him as a child, haha.

You should definitely try nightcrawlers if you haven't, I think it's hard for any frog to resist them. If he doesn't like supplements you can do this with nightcrawlers, wait until he has half of the worm in his mouth and then sprinkle the supplements on the worm. He's not going to spit a worm out that's half swallowed, that way he'll get the supplements.

Sadam

Yeah they make some weird noises, more like he's angry or something i think of it as him screaming. Maybe its because Petsmart/ or the breeder never had stuff in his tank before?

I will have to pick some up tonight then, ill deffinantly try that and some tongs to wiggle it and hope he gets a hold of it.

Thread Information