Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Feeding problems

Hoppity100

Default Re: Feeding problems

If I have a picky frog and I dangle it he might take it. I am concerned about his weight. I can update later and am still going to try other worms first, by dangling. Frog won't know difference between spagetti and worm if its dangling. I question their eyesight and maybe they have a sense of smell. Thought this was worth a try.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pluke

Don't give your frog Spaghetti.. -_-

It is in NO WAY beneficial to them. If anything, it will be bad for them. Just stick to trying worms. Frogs are carnivores and they need meat, anything else is unnatural and unnecessary.

4. 2 members thank Pluke for this post:

Maharg

Yes very very very bad idea. Frogs, like cats are carnivorous. That's why cats will sometimes eat grass. Their systems aren't meant for it so it causes them to vomit. But for cats, this is a biological need they developed through evolution to rid their stomach of hair they collect from grooming. This obviously isn't required for frogs. It will make it very sick.

6. This member thanks Maharg for this post:

Hoppity100

Yep, it was just an idea, I never even cooked spagetti. I tried again and the skinny guy ate 2 wax worms. Yay! I have other worms for my frogs, too. Don't worry...he's not getting spagetti with or without meat sauce.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppity100 View Post
    Yep, it was just an idea, I never even cooked spagetti. I tried again and the skinny guy ate 2 wax worms. Yay! I have other worms for my frogs, too. Don't worry...he's not getting spagetti with or without meat sauce.
    Hoppity I'm going to suggest that before you do anything with your frogs especially feeding issues that you post a question so members can assist you. These animals are not able to eat foods that we ourselves eat or scraps you may feed your dog or cat.

Use common sense when it comes to caring for your frogs and look at the care sheets for more information.

Thank you.

Hoppity100

Thanks but I have not cooked spagetti, and won't, they are eating worms and I was concerned about my thin one. He just ate 2 wax worms a while ago. No need for spagetti, it was an idea if frog had refused all worms. I can write on feeding section but don't think its necessary. Thanks for offering assistance but I no longer need it.

ejh805

Just an update, I've made my second order from the ABDragons. Looks like I'll be buying from them for now on until I can get a colony established.
    If anyone is looking for feeder roaches, then I definitely recommend them. Great communication and the best prices I've found thus-far. Shipping is 2-3 days, but I didn't have a single dead roach in my first order.
    Addie (I will be calling him/her until further determined) has resumed eating well. I think the issue was stress, and possibly the ambient temps dropping lower than ideal during the night and while I was at work. I've since upped the temps and given her more privacy and she's eating well. About 6 roaches and 2-3 nightcrawlers a day. Not a ton, but as much as she will.

Hoppity100

Hey...someone else noticed they do well in warm temps! Yay! Thanks

ejh805

Hoppity.

Are you talking about giant african bullfrogs? It's known knowledge they do well in warm temps. My tank temps were warm, but just not quite enough.
    Do you have an african bullfrog?

Hoppity100

I've had them before, I now have FB's. Someone wrote a while back saying their frogs/toads were in conditions way too cold and its a wonder frogs lived actually from being in that temp. Ever since I read that I have been writing that frogs/toads (and mine) don't like it so cold that it affects their lives. They do like it warm and somewhat humid. I control the humidity in my tank and check my heater every day. I watch the water temp and make sure mine are acting alright. Some say frogs/toads can survive without warmth. Well, I look at that like this: frogs can't talk and explain they're uncomfortable. They have no choice but to survive if without warmth. And the owner thinks they are ok.

When I top off my fish tank with warmer water the fish get more active. My bettas did that, too. I'm speaking on a frog's behalf. I am glad you have kept your bullfrog warm. Its ok to write and tell me about your frog and tank. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information