Thread: Female chirp?

Maharg

Default Female chirp?

I've ready conflicting information on whether or not a female Pacman will "chirp" or not. I was debating purchasing a fantasy. The owner there told me it was sold to him as a female, but he would hear it chirp occasionally. Does this make sense?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Female chirp?

A female will chirp when startled, but they will never truly call. You can try playing a video of a male pac calling from Youtube and see if it reacts by calling back.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    I've ready conflicting information on whether or not a female Pacman will "chirp" or not. I was debating purchasing a fantasy. The owner there told me it was sold to him as a female, but he would hear it chirp occasionally. Does this make sense?
    Females don't call(croak) both male and female can make a communicating sound that is usually a popping/clicking noise, growl, hiss, and grunt, but only males can call and the sound is very loud and unmistakable.

Maharg

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

IvoryReptiles

Just a word about the Fantasy Frog..... It has been speculated for many years that they are considered "Mules".....not capable of breeding. So the sex of the frog really wouldn't matter unless you just have a preference for a particular sex. We have not attempted to breed them yet, but many have through the years and so far not one has had any form of success.

Best of luck with your new frog!!

Maharg

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    Just a word about the Fantasy Frog..... It has been speculated for many years that they are considered "Mules".....not capable of breeding. So the sex of the frog really wouldn't matter unless you just have a preference for a particular sex. We have not attempted to breed them yet, but many have through the years and so far not one has had any form of success.

Best of luck with your new frog!!
    Thanks. Its more of a preference thing. Eventually I may try to get into breeding. For now Im just looking for a a female pacman.

TeeRiddle

I had a female albino a few years ago that would make the craziest noise when bothered. It was like a "BRAAAH" noise like you may make when trying to scare someone, but it definitely wasn't a croak or call sound.

The male Fantasy I have now calls almost every night and it's typically three or four "quacks" in a row with each one getting progressively louder. He can get pretty loud and has woke me up several times after that last quack even though he's in another room lol.

Maharg

Quote Originally Posted by TeeRiddle View Post
    I had a female albino a few years ago that would make the craziest noise when bothered. It was like a "BRAAAH" noise like you may make when trying to scare someone, but it definitely wasn't a croak or call sound.

The male Fantasy I have now calls almost every night and it's typically three or four "quacks" in a row with each one getting progressively louder. He can get pretty loud and has woke me up several times after that last quack even though he's in another room lol.
    Lol one of the reasons Im looking for a female. Big Frogs make big noise and my tanks are about 1 foot away from my bed.

Thread Information