Thread: White-Lipped Tree Frog w/ lumps on lip

ToneDef

Default White-Lipped Tree Frog w/ lumps on lip

I recently got a couple of White-Lipped Tree Frogs. I was told 1 was male and the other was female. That seems right because the female is bigger and they are supposedly the same age. I thought most of these were wild caught, but I was told a born on date for these guys. Either way, here is the deal..

I noticed a little lump under the left eye, on the top lip of the female. The first picture shows that.
    The second pictures shows her today. It has only been a couple of months, but it appears the lump has gotten bigger and there is another growth right next to it on the lip.

I read the first aid info that I found on this site and I've seen things such as LymnoZyme and silver sulfadiazine mentioned.
    Any thoughts, ideas, or recommendations would be appreciated.

Curt
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ToneDef

Default Re: White-Lipped Tree Frog w/ lumps on lip

Anybody?

Meade Hamilton Lewis

Is it colored at all? If it is just green (like the frog), it could be a benign tumor, just a growth, or maybe an infection. I would treat with some form of antibiotics and if that doesn't work, then not play with it any more. The important thing is that it is not effecting eating, sleeping, or comfort of the frog.

ToneDef

Thanks for the reply. The lumps are the same color as the frog. I wasn't too worried until I noticed it was bigger / spreading. I think I'm going to get some KoiZyme and give that a try. From what I have read, it can't hurt.
    Are there antibiotics available online that you would recommend?

Meade Hamilton Lewis

I am a HUMAN medic so I do not know what would be helpful. Do you have an exotic pet vet in your area?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by ToneDef View Post
    I recently got a couple of White-Lipped Tree Frogs. I was told 1 was male and the other was female. That seems right because the female is bigger and they are supposedly the same age. I thought most of these were wild caught, but I was told a born on date for these guys. Either way, here is the deal..

I noticed a little lump under the left eye, on the top lip of the female. The first picture shows that.
    The second pictures shows her today. It has only been a couple of months, but it appears the lump has gotten bigger and there is another growth right next to it on the lip.

I read the first aid info that I found on this site and I've seen things such as LymnoZyme and silver sulfadiazine mentioned.
    Any thoughts, ideas, or recommendations would be appreciated.

Curt
    I would advise a vet visit. If the bumps are getting larger, that is a sign of something definitely going on....
    I'm not sure what Lymnozyme is? I am familiar with SilverSulfadiazine, as I'm currently using it on a red-eyed tree frog for skin abrasions. I don't know how it would work on 'lumps'? I would think lumps would be an abscess or tumor or cyst? Only a vet would know and be able to advise a prognosis...Either way, I don't know if you can use SSD cream near the mouth? And you may only be able to get it via prescription.
    Good luck.
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Thread Information