Thread: Is there any way to make an african bullfrog croak...can an 3inch african bullfrog croak?

bullfrog43

Default Is there any way to make an african bullfrog croak...can an 3inch african bullfrog croak?

Is there any way to make an african bullfrog croak...can an 3inch african bullfrog croak?

Thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

3 in is a bit too small. No real way to force them to, just just randomly will one night when you least expect it and scare the **** out of ya!

bullfrog43

Default Re: Is there any way to make an african bullfrog croak...can an 3inch african bullfrog croak?

what size will they start croaking

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

4 inches at the earliest, usually around 5

bullfrog43

Default Re: Is there any way to make an african bullfrog croak...can an 3inch african bullfrog croak?

thanks

Eel Noob

People have said they heard their frogs croak at early as around 3-4" but for me it wasn't till around 6". They best way to get them to croak is provide the most ideal environment as possible.

Eddie Munster

My frogs almost 4 inches. He's 3 3/4 inches. He's croaking this moment. I've heard him before. But It's when he's buried.

i heard mine croak at two different times so far...once while i was half asleep laying in bed....so i thought it might not of been a croak and just me wanting to hear one and dreampt of it lol but the next night while watching tv...i heard it again and thought it was my stomach so i stopped to listen and then it croaked again so i knew it was from my pixie but its only like almost 3 inch believe it or not

Nationality
    [United States]

I’m in the same boat. However mine did grunt at me when I frighten him while unearthing him to feed. Does that count as a croak or is that different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
    I’m in the same boat. However mine did grunt at me when I frighten him while unearthing him to feed. Does that count as a croak or is that different.
    wow this post is over 5 years old lol but a grunt is complexly different from a croak...they grunt when pissed off...if ur frog is a male..u will hear the croak sounding like ur stomach growling if he is still young but older will sound like a cow mooing....ive had mine try to call when giving them a luke warm bath b4 too

12. This member thanks habeeb for this post:

Thread Information