Thread: help

MichaelCo

Default help

i think my pacman frog has puss coming out of his butt, its not alot a drip. thats it.. its happened once and i thought it was just old food around 1-2weeks ago. then this morning i opened up his tank to find him in his water bowl. and i think its the same white puss, i saw on the side of the bowl. what could that be???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCo View Post
    i think my pacman frog has puss coming out of his butt, its not alot a drip. thats it.. its happened once and i thought it was just old food around 1-2weeks ago. then this morning i opened up his tank to find him in his water bowl. and i think its the same white puss, i saw on the side of the bowl. what could that be???
    Its mucus. You need a Vet now!! Amphibian UTI caused by a Gram Positive Bacteria.

Post some pics of the mucus in clear de-chlorinated water so I can see it. I have a frog suffering from this exact issue.

MichaelCo

i already changed his water bowl, damn!! cause ididnt want him swimming around that stuff. how could they have contracted this?? i took a picture of it on a stick that i used to pick it up. ill post that

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Its mucus. You need a Vet now!! Amphibian UTI caused by a Gram Positive Bacteria.

Post some pics of the mucus in clear de-chlorinated water so I can see it. I have a frog suffering from this exact issue.

MichaelCo

send me a picture of yours! and ill tell you if it looks teh same

Nationality
    [United States]

i already changed his water bowl, damn!! cause ididnt want him swimming around that stuff. how could they have contracted this?? i took a picture of it on a stick that i used to pick it up. ill post that
    I'm not sure how they contract it, but Baytril and Flagyl won't work on Gram Positive Bacteria so you'll need to take him in ASAP. Catching it early may just save the frogs life. The frog will release more when you soak him so you will be able to get a sample. You'll need to take the sample in with you so the Vet can Check it out. You'll need a Vet that specializes in Herps.

MichaelCo

okay ive had him soaking since i saw it this morning, hopefully more iwll come out. im looking for a vet atm

I'm not sure how they contract it, but Baytril and Flagyl won't work on Gram Positive Bacteria so you'll need to take him in ASAP. Catching it early may just save the frogs life. The frog will release more when you soak him so you will be able to get a sample. You'll need to take the sample in with you so the Vet can Check it out. You'll need a Vet that specializes in Herps.

Nationality
    [United States]

okay ive had him soaking since i saw it this morning, hopefully more iwll come out. im looking for a vet atm
    You can keep him on coco fiber because its not an open wound for the substrate to cause an infection in. The infection is internal and will not be affected by the soil. This will also allow him to absorb moisture from the soil and when you next get him out for a soak he will urinate in the Luke warm water and you will be able to collect the mucus.

Keep us posted.

MichaelCo

alright, so far nothing.

You can keep him on coco fiber becausebits not an open wound for the substrate to cause an infection in. The infection is internal and will not be affected by the soil. This will also allow him to absorb moisture from the soil and when you next get him out for a soak he will urinate in the Luke warm water and you will be able to collect the mucus.

Keep us posted.

Nationality
    [United States]

alright, so far nothing.
    Pour some Luke warm water over his back and he should urinate if he has to.

Nationality
    [United States]

send me a picture of yours! and ill tell you if it looks teh same
    Name:  Renaissance 153.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  41.4 KB
    I hope that helps. You definitely should get his urine sampled ASAP. It might be some other sort of infection... but the sooner you can get it treated the better.

MichaelCo

Name:  Renaissance 153.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  41.4 KB
    I hope that helps. You definitely should get his urine sampled ASAP. It might be some other sort of infection... but the sooner you can get it treated the better.

no it looks nothing like that, that looks pretty crazy! i hope your frogs okay. ive put him is his bowl and i came back to see a huge wad of poop.

Nationality
    [United States]

no it looks nothing like that, that looks pretty crazy! i hope your frogs okay. ive put him is his bowl and i came back to see a huge wad of poop.
    Yours probably just had some of the sac that covers his poop come out. You may still want to have it checked just incase. I'd have a fecal exam done and have a urine sample tested because what you described isn't normal.

Thread Information