Thread: Article: Green Anaconda Relatives (Bolivian, Dark-Spotted, Yellow & the Extinct, 43 foot Titanoboa)

findiviglio

Default Article: Green Anaconda Relatives (Bolivian, Dark-Spotted, Yellow & the Extinct, 43 foot Titanoboa)

Article: Green Anaconda Relatives (Bolivian, Dark-Spotted, Yellow) & the Extinct, 43 foot Titanoboa)

Hi All,

The massive Green Anaconda (Eunectes murinus) is one of the world’s best-known snakes. I had the good fortune of participating in the first long-term study of this species in the wild (please see this article), and zoos have kept and bred them for decades. But its relatives, despite being large, impressive creatures, have not been well studied. One, the Bolivian Anaconda (E. beniensis), was only described in 2002, and its natural history remains shrouded in mystery; we know only a bit more about the Dark-Spotted Anaconda (E. deschauenseei). The Yellow Anaconda (E. notaeus) regularly appears in zoos and the pet trade, but field studies are lacking. Read article here: Green Anaconda Relatives - Bolivian, Dark-Spotted and Yellow Anacondas | That Reptile Blog

Comments and questions appreciated. As I do not place notices here each time I post a new article on That Reptile Blog, you may wish to check in periodically or subscribe; you can do so here That Reptile Blog. Please also check out my posts on Twitter Twitter.

Thanks, Frank
    My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog
    Face Book http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information