Thread: my experience with tong feeding

arielgasca420

Default my experience with tong feeding

at least this wasnt my finger! his teeth are fine. I eventually got the tong out, but he has jaws like a pitbull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Lol! I have been bitten like that all the way to my first knuckle. My finger went numb and hurt pretty bad. I couldn't get his mouth open and had to wait for him to open on his own. Took a couple minutes. No more finger feeding for me, ha ha! Now I only use tongs .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Namio

Default Re: my experience with tong feeding

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Lol! I have been bitten like that all the way to my first knuckle. My finger went numb and hurt pretty bad. I couldn't get his mouth open and had to wait for him to open on his own. Took a couple minutes. No more finger feeding for me, ha ha! Now I only use tongs .
    Oh no Heather, what a painful experience! I hope it'll never happen to you again, but if you can soak the frog in a bowl of water it'll usually let go promptly.

at least this wasnt my finger! his teeth are fine. I eventually got the tong out, but he has jaws like a pitbull
    Luckily that was plastic tongs. The frog's teeth projections can crack if it bit hard and held onto bigger metal tongs.

arielgasca420

I dont use metal tongs for that reason. the plastic tongs are more rounded. so far my frogs have all their teeth

IvoryReptiles

LOL......how familiar this video is.........I would suggest you just relax next time and not pull or shake the tongs....it feels like struggling prey to them, so they hold on tighter & longer. Just wait for them to open up again to pull the tongs back.

Nationality
    [United States]

Mine does this too, only she'll grab both tips of the tongs and start to eat them! Thankfully, my tongs are rubber tipped so she won't hurt herself on the metal...

Nationality
    [Canada]

hahaha, exactly like my finger after i got from the show with my little one, opened a lid to get him to his new tank and transfered him hanging off my finger
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    hahaha, exactly like my finger after i got from the show with my little one, opened a lid to get him to his new tank and transfered him hanging off my finger
    Lol! That's one way of doing it.

arielgasca420

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    LOL......how familiar this video is.........I would suggest you just relax next time and not pull or shake the tongs....it feels like struggling prey to them, so they hold on tighter & longer. Just wait for them to open up again to pull the tongs back.
    to be honest, I left it in his mouth for 2 minutes before attempting to make this video. it took me at least two minutes to set the camera up! after this video I just left it in his mouth and five minutes later he saw another cricket go by and lost interest in the tongs

arielgasca420

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Mine does this too, only she'll grab both tips of the tongs and start to eat them! Thankfully, my tongs are rubber tipped so she won't hurt herself on the metal...
    my pyxi is getting bigger and I have to be careful because one day he pulled the tongs out of my hands and swallowed them half way down! I quickly pulled them out and gave him a light tap on the head. he has never tried that since.

Thread Information