Thread: Missing FBT

ApxWingman

Default Missing FBT

I have no idea what happened or when it happened but one of my FBTs is missing. With the way I made the tank there is no possible way he could have escaped. Whenever I open the lid to feed and to mist, I always make sure they are not near the lid and that they are still in there afterwards as a just in case. I have checked behind my weaterfall and have taken out all the equipment (filter, pump, heater, etc) and he is not in there. There is not really anywhere where he could hid in the tank either. There is really only 1 spot in behind a rock waterfall which I have stuck my hand in behind and nothing. I have also looked everywhere in my apartment which is overly large and still nothing. I have no idea what to do

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

randomGIR55

Default Re: Missing FBT

That happened to me and my little guy died they dry out very fast so if hes been out for more than 7 hours R.I.P keep looking

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

One of my coworkers accidentally left the lid to a Tupperware container that I had 4 fbt in for holding. When I came into work the next day I only had one! After looking for two hours and not finding any I gave up. The next morning I came in to find one hopping in the lobby, so keep looking you might just find em. Good luck

ApxWingman

At this point I am assuming he is dead. I have been looking for close to a week now with nothing. I have no idea where he could have gone. No remains...no smells...nothing..very odd

adinco

i'm so sorry I thought I had lost my whites tree frog the other day but he had just forced himself up in a very small space in one of the ornaments because he was terrified.

ApxWingman

That sucks. Glad you found him. I am feeding them tomorrow, so I am praying he found himself some kind of nook that I cannot see or find and he will come out for food

adinco

please update us

KingCam

Sorry to hear this Your frog likely parished if he's been out of the tank for a week now. If he managed to find a water source there's still a chance. When frogs die in the house they normally get covered with dust, dry up, and never stink. If you ever find it dead it will look like a frog mummy.

For future reference, if this ever happens again, place dishes of water all over the place. In every corner of every room, under furniture, etc. Check the water dishes multiple times daily and there is a good chance you'll find your missing amphibian.

ApxWingman

Quote Originally Posted by KingCam View Post
    For future reference, if this ever happens again, place dishes of water all over the place. In every corner of every room, under furniture, etc. Check the water dishes multiple times daily and there is a good chance you'll find your missing amphibian.

I remember reading that before when someone else on here had a missing frog. I did try this, but nothing. It's like he vanished. I'm still looking though.

Thread Information