Thread: Help identifying frog

Duriel

Default Help identifying frog

Name:  Froggy.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  67.5 KB
    Along with bullfrogs that I mentioned in another thread, my backyard teams with these little guys. Once again, official listings of species in the area have proven fruitless. The only thing close is this little guy: Acris crepitans | Illinois Natural History Survey | Illinois Description matches (including mating call.. in September?) except there is no "don't eat me" coloring on any of the ones I have seen (at least 3 dozen). He behaves like any tree frog I've heard of, spending little time in the water dish. Most of his time was spent on the glass until I got him some driftwood. He readily accepts dusted "small" pet store crickets, but I have way too many amphibians now (3 of these, 2 American toads, 3 firebellied toads, and 2 bullfrogs) to choose convenience over price, so I ordered 1000 <=1/2" dubias and will give roach breeding a shot. The dubias seem like a good choice as they spawn small enough for the smaller frogs and the adults should be loved by the bullfrogs and the larger American toad.

I may release these little guys or move them to another room, as their mating call (like tapping of marbles), while not offensive to my ears, seems to be causing me to feel a bit off when I hear it. It MAY be from infrasound in the call.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information