Thread: Whites tree frog advice

bunches75

Default Whites tree frog advice

Hi all,

I adopted a whites tree frog from petco 3 weeks ago. He saw the vet on 8/24 and was treated for parasites with invermectin for possible worms or parasites. He seemed much better for 2-3 days. He has progressively gotten worse over the past week. He has still be eating crickets, but is not as active and yesterday didnt wake up at his usual time. He has progressively changed in color, and I noticed his hind legs becoming more pink. I took him to an emergency animal clinic last night and they started him on antibiotics but stated his condition is grave. Has anyone been able to nurse a frog back from a bacterial infection, or "red leg". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

CamilleElise

Default Re: Whites tree frog advice

I have never had a frog get "red leg" that I'm aware of. But the fact you took him to a clinic already and are trying your best is a great start. I wish I could offer personal advice/experience, but I just don't have any with red leg. I will say they can be quite resilient little guys though, with lots of care and love.

bunches75

Thanks for the reply, I have been diligent with giving him the baytril topically since his Emergency visit on Sunday. He had an appointment with his vet yesterday and he will need to continue to have Baytril twice daily for 2 weeks. He ate 5 crickets on Weds night and 3 last night. He has a weird brown filmy stuff on him, but otherwise his color has improved. He had lost 2 grams since his last visit, but seems to be doing better I was never given a true diagnosis of red leg, no one seems to know exactly what has been going on with him. Hopefully, he will survive this!

CamilleElise

So glad your little friend is doing better! They are amazingly resilient with dedication and care. So glad he is eating too, not eating is always worrisome!

Does your little guy have a name yet?

bunches75

Thanks for the support! I have named him Frogger!

Thread Information