Thread: I think my White's cant swallow it's skin

ikillforkicks

Default I think my White's cant swallow it's skin

For a week and a half now my frog has been acting very strange. He wont eat now and when i pick him up he opens his mouth to me and i can see something inside i think its all of its skin like instead of swallowing it just bunched up in its mouth. My instinct is to pull it out because its been there a week now and he is obviously having trouble with it. I was wondering if i shold go ahead and do that or could that hurt him?
    Last edited by ikillforkicks; September 2nd, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rae

Default Re: I think my White's cant swallow it's skin

I'm so sorry no one has given you a helpful reply yet :/ I wouldn't know what to do either and want to try and help my frog. How is it doing... any change?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would gently try to pull it out. If it comes freely, go ahead. If it feels connected or stuck, I'd let it be.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

ikillforkicks

I Cant get his mouth open i tried to pull it out last night and he opens his mouth at me but i cant get my finger or a card in there like i had to do when i had to force feed my pacman. I guess this problem is very rare i hope he gets through it

CamilleElise

I had/have the same issue with my Whites, Dwight. He also has signs of respiratory problems, but I don't know what exactly is going on. He was on antibiotics for a while and that helped but he's going downhill again. I was able to gently insert a sterile q-tip into Dwight's mouth and pull some of the "ick" out, and it had to have been undigested skin, stuck in his throat. If anyone else has other thoughts/ideas I would love to hear it!

ikillforkicks

I took them to the vet and they had a vitamin A deficiency and a respiratory infection. I saw the one i was talking about here eat a cricket today so I feel like the medicine is helping them but i really hope they don't go back downhill like you're saying yours did i find it strange it is only affecting the blue dumpys the plain one who is female is fine and always was

Thread Information