Thread: new frogs purchased 8/1

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default new frogs purchased 8/1

The brown was about nickel sized, maybe even smaller, the Ornate was close to quarter size and the pyxie was about quarter sized as well. I wish I would have been able to convince my girlfriend to get out her camera much sooner as I wanted to capture how tiny they were but oh well. Here they are!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: new frogs purchased 8/1

They're looking good!!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Im gonna have to promote a poo out of the ornate today, its only pooped once in the month Ive had. ANd it was huge. I dont know what his problem is though.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ra View Post
    Im gonna have to promote a poo out of the ornate today, its only pooped once in the month Ive had. ANd it was huge. I dont know what his problem is though.
    It will probably be fine. My Ornate likes to wait too long as well. Give it a good honey soak with about 4 drops of honey, soak for 15 minutes and as the water cools place it in a Luke warm Pedialyte soak for another 15 minutes. massaging the right side in small circles. That should loosen things up. This is how I relieve any of mine when constipated.

Namio

Nice looking baby frogs you got there RA!
    The smallest frogs I've ever gotten were my baby Cornuta. I was lucky that I remember to take their pictures immediately. They were the size of my thumb nail.

Name:  DSC04590.JPG
Views: 888
Size:  137.3 KB

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

where did ya get that lil guy?

Namio

where did ya get that lil guy?
    I got two of those little Cornuta from Mercedesherp, aka Hank.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Oh, how did that go? I tried to buy a Cornuta from him but he proved to be a difficult person well before any money changed hands. I plan to get a wild caught male at some point for breeding purposes but it looks like Im going to have to wait until next year.

Namio

Oh, how did that go? I tried to buy a Cornuta from him but he proved to be a difficult person well before any money changed hands. I plan to get a wild caught male at some point for breeding purposes but it looks like Im going to have to wait until next year.
    I actually did not have any trouble with Hank. In fact, he gave me two baby Cornuta for free in exchange for help in scientific literature. I only paid for the shipping cost. In my opinion, Hank is a person who can be trusted, because he never asked me to pay for shipping until I received the frogs, and theoretically he sent me a package worth over $200.

Ra, I wish you good luck breeding these guys! I don't know how but these frogs are quite an investment for breeding.
    I am sure I'll hear about it on here when you get Cornuta babies

Eel Noob

Nice pickups. Did you get these from TCR? Was there the other day but guess they got a bad shipment or something because a few of the horned frogs didn't look to good.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    Nice pickups. Did you get these from TCR? Was there the other day but guess they got a bad shipment or something because a few of the horned frogs didn't look to good.

No, to be honest I dont much care for TCR. None of their amphibians ever really looked all that good to meThe last time I was there they some some inch and a half albino pacmans selling for $50, normals were like $35 or something, but this was a few years back.
    I've never seen an Ornate for sale around here anywhere either. I ordered these guys from Underground Reptiles in Deerfield Florida. I figured with the prices around here (albino $40, normals and browns $30), and the lack of choices (no thanks Petsmart) and the amount of I'd have to spend driving to the Twin Cities...its just cheaper to order them. For the Ornate, the Brown, the Pyxie and 4 awesome Crested Geckos I payed about $250 total. Thats a hell of a lot less than what I would have payed for all those animals locally.

Eel Noob

No, to be honest I dont much care for TCR. None of their amphibians ever really looked all that good to meThe last time I was there they some some inch and a half albino pacmans selling for $50, normals were like $35 or something, but this was a few years back.
    I've never seen an Ornate for sale around here anywhere either. I ordered these guys from Underground Reptiles in Deerfield Florida. I figured with the prices around here (albino $40, normals and browns $30), and the lack of choices (no thanks Petsmart) and the amount of I'd have to spend driving to the Twin Cities...its just cheaper to order them. For the Ornate, the Brown, the Pyxie and 4 awesome Crested Geckos I payed about $250 total. Thats a hell of a lot less than what I would have payed for all those animals locally.
    I go there every 5-6 weeks to restock on chicks. Have to admit their prices are high but they do have more than a few frogs to choose from. They stopped ordering for awhile because they last couple orders that they got in were in very bad shape. Half of them either died within the first few weeks or came in with bad case of MBD. Most of my frogs are from there, Redd the ornate, Two-Face the cranwelli, and 2 of the 3 male pyxies.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

You should ask where they have been ordering their frogs!

Thread Information