Thread: I KNEW this would happen!!!!

spooky

Default I KNEW this would happen!!!!

As I sadly lost one of my White's froglets 2 weeks ago, I decided to look for another similar sized one to go in with my surviving froglet. It seems a shame to have such a big terrarium with just one lonely lil' froggie.....
    Well, I went to the pet shop today to get crickets and thought I'd ask if they had any small White's. The guy laughed and said "You've come on the wrong day!!" and got out a tank with 2 HUGE adults!! I melted on the spot, and am going to go and buy one today.... Which means I also need to get a new, smaller tank for my froglet...
    He said he'd do a deal for me if I buy both adult frogs, but am hoping to put my froglet in with adult when he's bigger. I don't think i've got space for 3 adults in my terrarium unfortunatly!
    Woohoooo!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KaylaSt

Default Re: I KNEW this would happen!!!!

Aw I am sorry about your froggy. I hope you the best of luck with your new one(s).

MichFrog

Ah well spooky, you will just have to turn your livingroom into one giant terrarium!

Congrats on the frogs!

spooky

Thank you KaylaST I was (and still am) pretty upset by finding my froggy dead. I have his survivng sibling though and he's doing great!!
    MichFrog, if I had my own way I'd have a room dedicated to my green friends!!! BF isn't too keen on them though. Booooooooo!!!

Anyhoo, I picked up my adult White's today and I've left it to settle in. He's gorgeous!!! Froglet is in temporary housing until tomorrow

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Not to put you off, Katie, but if you're buying adults then you're buying 100% sure wild caught animals that certainly have a parasite load and could be carrying diseases. Personally I'd try to stick with the young/small ones that are supposedly CB.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

spooky

Oh poop!!! Well, I'll definatly not put them together until I've had the new guy checked out. And until lil' frog is as big as big frog.....
    If new frog does have parasites/disease, are they fairly easy to treat? (I know a vet will need to prescribe meds, just not sure about administration?)

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Treatment guidelines for frogs are detailed in the conclusion section of the Gray Tree Frog article linked on all pages of the web site. I suggest you print them out and bring them to the vet, just to be sure he/she knows what to do.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    BF isn't too keen on them though. Booooooooo!!!
    Get a new BF! There are plenty of guys that are into frogs, more so than there are women into them.

IgbyKibbits

Sorry to hear that you lost one of your little guys, but very glad to hear the other frog is still doing okay! I hope the vet finds a good report on the new adult and there is nothing wrong that can't be treated with proper care!

spooky

Well Kurt, new frog LOVES BF. As he demonstrated yesterday by jumping onto his face!! I almost wet myself laughing! BF wasn't too amused though........ Whoops!!
    I'll print the health page off John, thanks for the tips! Much appreciated
    I hope no other frogs tug at my heartstrings, as I just don't have the room for anymore.... May have to ban myself from any petshops/websites/books..... Hehe

IgbyKibbits

BF wasn't too amused though........ Whoops!!
    Sounds like the new frog is definitely "team Katie!" haha!

spooky

Team Katie all the way!!!!..... Although, technically, it WAS jumping away from me

Kurt

Well Kurt, new frog LOVES BF. As he demonstrated yesterday by jumping onto his face!! I almost wet myself laughing! BF wasn't too amused though........ Whoops!!
    You need a BF that would find that amuzing.

Thread Information