Thread: Question regard vitamins.

Pluke

Default Question regarding vitamins.

This question applies to pacman, tomato, or any frog owner I suppose.. When you're feeding your frogs their food with vitamins on it and some of the vitamin powder manages to get on the frogs skin, whether from the food landing on it or any other way, do you just leave it alone or do you try and wipe it off? Do you think this will bother the frogs skin? One of my tomato frogs just snatched up a cricket and a cloud of vitamin powder blew up all over his face.. and in other cases I'll be giving my pacmans worms and the worms will almost always manage to get a little on my frogs. I usually take some water and try and wipe it off, but I'd prefer not to annoy the frog by doing this if it's unnecessary.

So do you guys leave the powder alone or do you clean them off? I can't be the only person whose frogs get powder on them one way or another..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Question regarding vitamins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluke View Post
    This question applies to pacman, tomato, or any frog owner I suppose.. When you're feeding your frogs their food with vitamins on it and some of the vitamin powder manages to get on the frogs skin, whether from the food landing on it or any other way, do you just leave it alone or do you try and wipe it off? Do you think this will bother the frogs skin? One of my tomato frogs just snatched up a cricket and a cloud of vitamin powder blew up all over his face.. and in other cases I'll be giving my pacmans worms and the worms will almost always manage to get a little on my frogs. I usually take some water and try and wipe it off, but I'd prefer not to annoy the frog by doing this if it's unnecessary.

So do you guys leave the powder alone or do you clean them off? I can't be the only person whose frogs get powder on them one way or another..
    You don't have to wipe it off. when you're frogs enter their water dish it will come off. Also when they shed. As long as it was not covering a large area. If it covered a large area of the frog's skin then you would want to wash it off.

Pluke

Alright, thanks griff. My tomato frogs regularly go in their water dish and use it as their bathroom. I wish I could say the same for my pacmans. So far none of them have ever went into their water bowl on their own. I always have to put them in it on a night that I think they're ready to take a #2.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Pluke View Post
    Alright, thanks griff. My tomato frogs regularly go in their water dish and use it as their bathroom. I wish I could say the same for my pacmans. So far none of them have ever went into their water bowl on their own. I always have to put them in it on a night that I think they're ready to take a #2.
    No worries. A lot of Pacman Frogs will hardly ever use their water dishes. As long as their substrate is moist and the humidity is right they don't actually need to use their water dish very often. It is beneficial to place them in for a soak about once a week though for water exchange and take old sheds off. Also for #2.

Thread Information