Thread: Tadpole Identification

rizelmyn

Default Tadpole Identification

I just rescued this tadpole from a pool that was about to be chlorinated. Any ideas of what he might be? Sorry for the graininess. The little guy never sits still and is constantly running laps around his bowl.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

LazyEyedFroggie

Default Re: Tadpole Identification

I'd love to help, but I can't with that picture. Do you think you could describe it well and/or get a better picture? Also, do you know how to care for it(if you haven't released it already)?
    Here's a link to a page containing pictures of various frogs and tadpoles in Florida, if you'd like to try identifying it yourself.
    contents

rizelmyn

Default Re: Tadpole Identification

Quote Originally Posted by LazyEyedFroggie View Post
    I'd love to help, but I can't with that picture. Do you think you could describe it well and/or get a better picture? Also, do you know how to care for it(if you haven't released it already)?
    Here's a link to a page containing pictures of various frogs and tadpoles in Florida, if you'd like to try identifying it yourself.
    contents
    oh of course, i actually just finished boiling some spinach for him. i've been reading up on how to care for tadpoles all day. i don't exactly have a suitable aquarium for him yet though, but i plan on buying one tomorrow. i'm also going to keep him because there's no lakes or ponds nearby that he could thrive in, just pools and puddles. the best i can describe him is very small, has little black eyes, and is light brown with a dark streak going down his head to the end of his tail. he's also extremely young, only a few days tops so i can understand how it'd be hard to tell for now. i thought he was an american toad for awhile but he seems way too small to be one. he looks a lot like this picture i found of a chorus frog, so im thinking that's what he might be- but i'm no tadpole expert.
    Name:  chorus11.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  16.6 KB

Thread Information