Thread: How to make the ultimate set up for your pixie,, for cheap!

Tyson

Default How to make the ultimate set up for your pixie,, for cheap!

This info is Gold! Not sure how many know about this.

There is a product that can be painted onto surfaces to make a pond of any shape, ect. to make it completely waterproof! I am going to make a very big in-closer out of wood, and then paint both the dry side, and the big water feature out of this stuff. The process is this.... you use an oil based stain on the wood, then tape off with the tape you can also buy from them any seams or crevices. Then you paint on this stuff double thick as it says for concrete. It will then harden into a hard pond liner! you can shape it anyway you want. For me, I will make an easy sloping transition from water to land, so its easy for him to get out! and since the dry side will also be waterproof, I will plant his plants, and his very africa looking grass and be able to water it, any run off will simply get caught by my canister filter! Talk about easy. I can make caves with the stuff with wood and then paint this on to make it waterproof to hide plants and let them drape into the en-closer.

If anyone wants the link to the product, just let me know, I'm designing my tank right now, I think I'll make it about 10 feet long by 3 feet high by 5 feet deep. since its out of wood, the price will be really cheap to make it! Best part, if you ever get a leak, you can just paint over with this stuff, its used to repair ponds, so no problem there! Anyone else as excited as me about this stuff? or is it just me?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

arielgasca420

Default Re: How to make the ultimate set up for your pixie,, for cheap!

if only I had the money.

Robby Cash

Link please? im wanting to make my own water fall and would love to give this a try

Tyson

Fish pond repair, Pond leaks repair, Pond Pro 2000 here is the link, tell them Tyson sent you, I want to get a good repoor with these guys, maybe they will send me free tape (going to use a lot on my setup a waterfall would be easy. for me, doing the whole thing,, going to take a month to save the money for it. but the frame gets built this month I think its going to be a corner setup, so it takes up less room, but not sure yet.

Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by arielgasca420 View Post
    if only I had the money.
    I hear ya, I was going to do all plexi, but to much money, then I found this to use on wood. but still, I have to wait till next month to buy the goop, as I need several gallons, tape, and the primer stuff still going to cost about 350-450 to make my tank, but the plexi was going to cost me 650 and up, so still better

Robby Cash

Awesome man and thanks ill tell them ya sent me when i get some

Tyson

awesome now if only I can find a free program to design the en-closer, bought a house design suite, but it doesn't have triangles, I've decided to make a triangle design to fit into the corner. with waterfall on the back

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Tyson... If you could come up with an awesome design for an exo terra 40 long that'd be awesome!! I've been trying to figure out a way to do it, but with the doors that open in the front, I'm stumped...

Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Tyson... If you could come up with an awesome design for an exo terra 40 long that'd be awesome!! I've been trying to figure out a way to do it, but with the doors that open in the front, I'm stumped...
    wow, there is so many things you can do, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my twin tank now, thinking about cutting of the top, every time I try to get a frog up I get cut on the top part LOL, volcanic rock and all

Thread Information