Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTW - Aug 26- Sept 1 2012 - MrZoggs

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default MOTW - Aug 26- Sept 1 2012 - MrZoggs

Congratulations to this weeks Member of the Week, MrZoggs!

Can't wait to learn more about you!

Don't forget to go to the main page and submit more nominations!
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: MOTW - Aug 26- Sept 1 2012 - MrZoggs

Congrats MrZoggs!! Looking forward to hearing more about you!

4. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

mrzoggs

Thanks bud

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Look forward to learning more about you this week.
    Karen from Montana
    The Reasons that I have to Work:
    1.2.0 - Equine - Butter Baby, Freedom
    0.1.0 - Feline - Cassie
    3.1.0 - Canine - 1 Min Schnauzer, AJ
    1 Lhasa Apso/Poodle X, DaniLyn
    2 Giant Schnauzers, Trucker & Trooper
    0.0.4 - Axolotls - Hewey, Lewey & Dewey, Angel & Fire
    0.1.0 - Hermann's Tortoise - Ari
    0.0.3 - Bufo Boreals - Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
    1.0.0 - Humanus Maritus - Ron

7. This member thanks mshine1217 for this post:

mrzoggs

Eeeeek. I will try to wake up early enough to do it before work, but we might have to wait until about 6pm eastern.

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Monday, tell us all about you!

We know you obviously like amphibians, but we want to know about the rest of your life. Details about you, your life, hobbies, families, past times, favorite colors, poems you have written etc etc....just use this post to brag/boast/bore us how you please.
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

mrzoggs

Well i guess i would like to start off with a big THANKS! for nominating me for MOTW My name is Ryan and I'm 23 years old. I have been frogging for almost 9 months now. I have never been that good at writing stories, papers, etc so bare with me :P Most of my time is taken up by frogs and work. I detail cars for a living. Other than frogs, my favorite hobbies are surfing, softball, cars and video games. I grew up playing Diablo, WoW, Starcraft, etc. Now that i have frogs I rarely play anymore. Starting at a young age (roughly 16) I started doing a lot of partying, smoking, etc that landed me in some trouble. One thing led to another and I ended up developing a habit I could not kick. I now have 18 months away from any illegal substances as I must say it feels GREAT! Sorry if that was a little too personal but it is a big part of my life. If it were not for frogs, I wouldnt know what to do with myself. It is hard for me to find enjoyment and excitment in "normal" life situations. With frogs, its something new and exciting every day. I will leave the story of my past at that. if you have any questions or would like more detail, feel free to PM me. I am very open with my past and it helps to talk about those things.
    My favorite colors are lime green and orange. I grew up liking orange probably for the sole reason of no one else liking it. Then it grew on me lol. I love working on cars and racing cars. My last race car was a 514 horsepower Honda civic. The most exciting moment of my life was running 11.03 seconds on a quarter mile track. It is very exhilerating. I try to surf as much as possible, but virginia has no waves :P We get an occassional Northeast swell or hurricane though. I played the saxaphone from 6th to 9th grade. I was very good at it and even went to all district but being young and careless, I quit. I would love to pick it back up again one day down the road. I LOVE music. Tool, A Perfect Circle, Deftones, Chevelle, and Incubus are my top 5 favorite bands. But I listen to all types of music. My favorite brand of chips are Herr's Texas Pete. If you see them in the stores, I suggest you try them. LOL. I start my first softball game this Tuesday. Im very excited. Its coed slowpitch and i play with my girlfriend. We both just got matching black and lime green gloves I then bought some lime green lace to re-lace the glove so I need to hurry and get that done.
    Anyways, thank you everyone for reading. You froggers are an amazing community.

Nationality
    [United States]

It's great to learn more about you!

Congrats on breaking your addiction! That's tough! Phibs are a much safer one .

Where do you surf at? Near Virginia Beach?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

12. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

mrzoggs

Yes, it was very hard. Most people say addicts quit one addiction and move to another. Im glad I moved to frogs

Yes I usually go to Virginia Beach. Do you have family out here or something? If I can, I like to go to the outer banks, nc.

kmichael55

Thanks for sharing! Frog keeping is definitely an addiction!

My family used to vacation on Nag's Head in the Outer Banks, wonderful area.

Good luck with softball!!

15. This member thanks kmichael55 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I have seen some pretty rough withdrawal in my time. It takes a strong willed person to do what you have done to change your life. Congratulations! It only gets better from here on out .

Yes, frog addiction... There is certainly a contagious trend here at the forum .

I've been to Virginia Beach a few times now. It's really pretty there. I love the ocean. Last time I went I was roller blading on the boardwalk while following dolphins and fell right on my fanny! How embarrassing! Lol! You are lucky to live there.

My daughter went on vacation to the Outer Banks this summer with the other side of her family. They had a great time. They have some really pretty pictures from there.

Are you a good surfer?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

mrzoggs

Yes i love the dolphins. Every time i go surfing i see them. Sharks wont go any where near them so it makes me feel safe. I love virginia beach but we dont get as big of waves as I would like.

I guess I would consider myself a decent surfer :P If you ever come back to va beach, I would love to teach you!

Nationality
    [United States]

I wanted to be a Marine Biologist if that tells you anything . I could sit there all day watching the wildlife.

That would be awesome! I've never been surfing before. Is it hard to balance?

mrzoggs

I dont find it hard to balance. Especially if you learn on a longboard. The longer the easier. Water is smooth. The wave takes you and you just stand up. After a couple times you will have it down. Maybe even after the first time

Nationality
    [United States]

Fun

Pluke

MrZoggs, I know exactly where you're coming from as far as the addiction and making stupid mistakes. Glad you beat it and it didn't beat you. Atleast frogs is a "healthy" addiction.

You have good taste in music as well, TOOL rocks. Not sure if you've ever seen them live but you should if you ever get the chance. You ever listen to the bands Gojira or ISIS? You might like them. Send me a PM if you're interested I'll let you know some of what I think are their best songs.

22. This member thanks Pluke for this post:

mrzoggs

Quote Originally Posted by Pluke View Post
    MrZoggs, I know exactly where you're coming from as far as the addiction and making stupid mistakes. Glad you beat it and it didn't beat you. Atleast frogs is a "healthy" addiction.

You have good taste in music as well, TOOL rocks. Not sure if you've ever seen them live but you should if you ever get the chance. You ever listen to the bands Gojira or ISIS? You might like them. Send me a PM if you're interested I'll let you know some of what I think are their best songs.
    Oh it definitely had the upper hand for a while! Took a lot for me to beat it. I pretty much had no choice. Its either drugs, or jail.

Tool is amazing. Ill have to put a picture up of my tool/apc tattoo. I got to see them live for the first time last year. I have to say, it was the greatest music has ever made me feel in my live. I dropped a lot of money for 2 tickets. I was 11 rows back DEAD CENTER! I had my hands up singing every song that came on. Bought a poster and plenty of t-shirts. They are so smart it is crazy. I suggest EVERYONE google "lateralus fibonacci" and watch the video for that. It will show you how much goes into writing their music.

And no ive never heard of them. I would definitely be interested. I love new music. I will shoot you a PM. Thanks a ton!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi Ryan,
    It's nice to know more about you! You were so helpful when I got my Red-Eyes.
    Tool is one of my favorite bands also! (Yes, I'm not just some middle aged hippie!) I also love, and you can laugh if you want, all of the 'hair bands' from the eighties. Poison, Winger, AC/DC, Warrant, Faster *****cat, etc.... I'm a child of the eighties, and the hair bands were my fav. Now I'm more into bands like Tool.
    Looking forward to learning more about you!
    Lindsey
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

25. This member thanks Bolisnide for this post:

mrzoggs

If you like tool, you will LOVE A Perfect Circle. Its a super group. Same lead singer as tool. Also, the best drummer in the world, and the bassist from smashing pumpkins I think. Im glad to see there are some others like me on here

Nationality
    [United States]

Congrats on your victory over your addiction Ryan. I have a friend who has been battling addiction for a few years now. It is good to learn more about you.

I too like Tool, Chevelle, and a few Incubus songs. Like Bolisnide I grew up around 80s hair metal though. My dad always listened to Motley Crew, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, and there are so many more that I'm not going to list them . Keeping frogs is an excellent and very fulfilling hobby as you most certainly have discovered and I'm glad you did. Now you also have many people go share your joy of the hobby with.

28. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information