Thread: 4 new FBT-have a few ?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default 4 new FBT-have a few ?

So I got 4 FBT, mail ordered from my feed supplier (crickets,mice,substrate,ect.) I don't like to do it that way as I cant pick them out myself but never really had a problem b4 so i figured it be ok. I have them set up in a 25G long tank split 50/50 water/land. So i noticed one at first, then when I took there pic it was two, of them are fatties. I'm not to worried but I know that they shouldn't be bloated. So I just asking for FBT keeper opinion on this, is there something wrong with them or could they just be fat, or could they(especially the dark one) be gravid females? Thanks for any help you can give.Name:  056.jpg
Views: 1632
Size:  95.7 KBName:  64-2.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  37.0 KBName:  063-2.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  18.9 KBName:  058.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  113.2 KB 1st ones there tank (with waterfall on left) 2nd one is all 4, 3rd one is the one dark FAT one, 4th is how I textured the outside of the tank where the foam meets the glass- Not sure why the water looks so grimy in the pics its crystal clear in real life

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BeansFBT

Default Re: 4 new FBT-have a few ?

I recently had to put my toads into a white bucket while I was building them a new habitat, much like in your pictures, and I noticed that they were all pretty fat. I'd say about halfway between the bottom green frog and the brown frog in your second picture. However, they all seem to have pretty good appetites and all poop regularly (too much for my liking :P). I wouldn't worry about it too much for the time being. Just watch them and see how they behave over the next week or so. Apparently you can put them in some warm water with a little bit of honey to help them poop if you think they are impacted. Sorry for not answering your question better!

Keep us posted.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Well considering your the only one who answered at all, thanks I'll keep an eye for sure.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Ronin that's not fair, some of us do sleep... I think that your guys look great. The one is a little bigger and plumper, but doesn't look stressed. How long have you had them and have you fed them yet? I got mine from LLL reptile shipped from California to Montana and everyone arrived happy and healthy. I'd just keep an eye on them, but they look fine in the photos.
    Karen from Montana
    The Reasons that I have to Work:
    1.2.0 - Equine - Butter Baby, Freedom
    0.1.0 - Feline - Cassie
    3.1.0 - Canine - 1 Min Schnauzer, AJ
    1 Lhasa Apso/Poodle X, DaniLyn
    2 Giant Schnauzers, Trucker & Trooper
    0.0.4 - Axolotls - Hewey, Lewey & Dewey, Angel & Fire
    0.1.0 - Hermann's Tortoise - Ari
    0.0.3 - Bufo Boreals - Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
    1.0.0 - Humanus Maritus - Ron

MantisMan

2 look pretty fat the others r ok the fat ones may be bullying the others out of food so u may have to remove them to be sure the others eat

adinco

that's no very nice. you didn't give anybody a chance to even respond! we're not all on 24/7.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hahahaha I knew that response would generate more response. Anyway they are all active and healthy. Ive had them now for about 2 weeks. When i feed last I saw all but one eat, he/she was asleep but the next day they all had plump bellies so I amusing there all ok. Ive been keeping an close eye on the hefty ones, especially the darker one but so far so good. Thanks for all the response guys/girls. I'll keep you updated.

Thread Information