Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello to everyone, Have A White tree frog & An Eastern Grey tree frog

Kellbri

Smile Hello to everyone, Have A White tree frog & An Eastern Grey tree frog

Hello, I am Jennifer, I am new to having frogs, but i have already learned alot. I took an intrest when my step son found an Eastern grey and i can't say no to him when he asked to keep him. So i went out and bought the whole set up terrarium zoo med and everything he needs. Then i went into a store to buy crickets and ask questions and i fell in love with a white tree frog, so i bought another set up with her. Now i desided to convert a 20 long into a terrarium for the white and a 55 gallon for the eastern grey. I just ordered the convertion kits yesterday so i am waiting for them to come and i can start setting them up. Then wait the 2 weeks or so to put them in. I am so exsited i can't wait. I am very interested in learning as much as i can and need to know about these frogs and others. Maybe some day adding to my frogs. I love the sounds in my living room. I wish my white was a male so i could hear sounds from that one. If anyone wants to teach me anything i would love to know what you have to teach me. Thank you.

Default Re: Hello to everyone, Have A White tree frog & An Eastern Grey tree frog

Hello Jennifer.

My name is Josh and I am the owner for 4 Adult Red eyed tree frogs.. I jumped right into this hobby and I am loving it.. I have indulged myself with all the information I could ever need about frogs and crickets. I honestly would have picked Dart frogs instead of red eyed tree frogs but I have kids so my gf said no to that.. I want to clearly say red eyed tree frogs are amazing looking frogs but they are probably the more boring pet you could ever come across. They do nothing, they sleep all day and usually right before I got to sleep one will start talking. Now dont get me wrong I enjoy the frogs just cause its a piece of the rainforest in my living room but its not like they do much of anything. I think if i did it over I would have picked a better pet that was not nocturnal. I have spent a lot of time and money on these pets so I cant watch them go. I thought about converting a tank at one time but it seemed not as good as a exo terra tank was. I paid the little bit of money for a 24x18x24 and I wish i could modifiy it. i would put a drain system in it and make it taller. But with making it taller i would have to furnish it with taller plants and thats just more money. I am probably 1500.00$ into my project and i have not had one successful breed. This was my main goal when I started. i bought 4 tree frogs so i could breed them. Noting yet but I am still trying. well sorry im not really teaching you anything Im more or less rambling about what I have done so far. I am not looking forward to the winter with these RETF but we will get to the bridge in a few months. Get back to me and take a look at my album.. i just put new picture of my tank with all new plants.. Josh

adinco

Default Re: Hello to everyone, Have A White tree frog & An Eastern Grey tree frog

welcome!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forums!
    • 1.2.0 Azazel, Matrix & Minnie
    • 0.1.0 Felis catus (Maine Coon Mix & Siamese Mix) - Daisy & Donald
    • 1.0.0 Canis lupus familiaris (Siberian Husky) - Hermes
    • 2.0.0 Mini-Me Minions - Aiden & Peyton

Rae

Welcome XD I also own greys and might be considering Whites once I get more info about them here XD

KingCam

Grey's are a great deal of fun I have 6 :P

Kellbri

I love my white she has so much personality I heard her for the first time yesterday, such a cool call i wish she made as much sound as a male. Whites are not hard to take care of, compared to other types. Whites are very calm frogs.

Kellbri

Cam, I love the call the grey makes, He talks all times of the day and night. It is so nice to hear the call right in my living room. My husband and i laugh every time he starts to talk. I wish i could get some more. My step son found him when we went camping but he lives in Florida, he begged me to keep him and i fell in love with the call the first time i heard him.I just wonder if he is lonely all by himself.

Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Kellbri View Post
    I love my white she has so much personality I heard her for the first time yesterday, such a cool call i wish she made as much sound as a male. Whites are not hard to take care of, compared to other types. Whites are very calm frogs.
    Ok this confused me... you said your female called???? Doesn't that mean its a male.....

Rae

I only have 3 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCam View Post
    Grey's are a great deal of fun I have 6 :P

Panagiotis Mat

guys how are you sure if your frogs are males or females ? can I know it if they are only 1 year old?

Rae

I was always told "Only" males call. but in googling just now ....I have read a few posts saying a female whites might let out a short chirp if threatened, stressed, or excited... but no vocal sack will be visible.

Panagiotis Mat

vocal sack you mean the "baloons" right and left from the mouth?

Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Panagiotis Mat View Post
    guys how are you sure if your frogs are males or females ? can I know it if they are only 1 year old?
    Usually and I say usually because of my previous post.... if its calling its a male... if it lays eggs well obviously its a female. But other than that there isn't a sure way to tell. I have a male Grey that calls and 2 others that dont call so I am calling them she's until they say otherwise lol!

Kellbri

Rae yes it wasn't really a call it was more like a chirp, I have never heard a whites call. I thought that is what it sounded like but it has just a chirp. I wish i could hear a white call.

Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Panagiotis Mat View Post
    vocal sack you mean the "baloons" right and left from the mouth?
    when the male calls its chin balloons up .... Name:  IMG_0677.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  83.0 KB

Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Kellbri View Post
    Rae yes it wasn't really a call it was more like a chirp, I have never heard a whites call. I thought that is what it sounded like but it has just a chirp. I wish i could hear a white call.
    Go to You tube and search Whites Tree Frog calling XD its quite odd... like a burping frog lol

Kellbri

I bought my white from Captive bred Specialties a store here they said they belive that it was a female.

Kellbri

Ya my grey i'm sure that is a male because he was here before my grey and he calls all day and night. Very vocal.

Kellbri

Ok so i heard the utube i'm sorry then it wasn't a calling that i heard from her. I want a male.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information