Thread: Beginner question about arboreal verse terrestrial good starter frogs.

CheerfulMelody

Default Beginner question about arboreal verse terrestrial good starter frogs.

Looking into getting my first dart frogs. I would like to house them in either a 20H vertical or a 10 vertical. So since there would be more upward space I would like to get something that would be happier with the "tree like" climbing room and more limited ground space. I know I found a care sheet somewhere that had a list but don't know where it was. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

LazyEyedFroggie

Default Re: Beginner question about arboreal verse terrestrial good starter frogs.

White's tree frogs are very common and quite easy to care for. I know they aren't dart frogs but that's a suggestion. Here's a page that can help you specifically with poison dart frogs: Poison Dart Frog Care Sheet

I may as well give you a care sheet for WTF's too,
    Care Sheet | White’s Tree Frogs

Have fun with whatever you choose to get, and feel free to ask more questions!

CheerfulMelody

Default Re: Beginner question about arboreal verse terrestrial good starter frogs.

had one he was boring i want something that actively moves around. my whites just sat up in the corner...

BonnieLorraine

For a 10 gallon vertical, imitators or variabilis are a good choice. For a 20 gallon, you could either go with tinctorius, leucomelas, or auratus. I love my little thumbnails, not quite as visible all the time as the larger terrestrial frogs, but always fun to catch them out climbing about.

Frog Tropics

Just about any thumbnail dart frog could be housed in that set-up (especially the 20 vert) in small numbers and should do great, provided a well-planted and cared-for enclosure!

Thread Information