Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeding...

EagleWeaponX

Question Feeding...

Hi there I purchased baby night crawlers the other day, I always fed crickets for the 3 weeks of there life. (Ive had them for 3 weeks.) My albino will eat 3 crickets a day no problem. My green however will eat 1 every 2-3 days. Also have the biggest struggle to get them down. Now i got worms. The first time both ate them. Yesterday no worm for either. Dumped crickets in, albino taking down 2 green none. Today albino no worm, 2 crickets. Green nothing. I watch IvoryReptiles videos on feeding. But i still cant get my green to eat that much. And hes not chubby to any point but not sick. Is it ok that my albino wil only eat crickets? (hes growing fast) Also any help with my green?
    Thanks for your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Feeding...

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWeaponX View Post
    Hi there I purchased baby night crawlers the other day, I always fed crickets for the 3 weeks of there life. (Ive had them for 3 weeks.) My albino will eat 3 crickets a day no problem. My green however will eat 1 every 2-3 days. Also have the biggest struggle to get them down. Now i got worms. The first time both ate them. Yesterday no worm for either. Dumped crickets in, albino taking down 2 green none. Today albino no worm, 2 crickets. Green nothing. I watch IvoryReptiles videos on feeding. But i still cant get my green to eat that much. And hes not chubby to any point but not sick. Is it ok that my albino wil only eat crickets? (hes growing fast) Also any help with my green?
    Thanks for your time.
    What size are the crickets? If your frogs are babies they should be small crickets and if you remove the hind legs it makes them easier to catch. What are the climate levels? Temp? Humidity? What doe your frogs setup look like?

EagleWeaponX

Wow i wrote that wrong there 2-3 months old i had them for 3 weeks. They are small crickets, climate is moist, temp is 75-80, humidity is 65-70, set up water dish and coco fiber.

Nationality
    [United States]

Wow i wrote that wrong there 2-3 months old i had them for 3 weeks. They are small crickets, climate is moist, temp is 75-80, humidity is 65-70, set up water dish and coco fiber.
    Ok raise the day temp to 80° to 82° and night temp needs to hover around 78°. Raise the humidity up to 80% and maintain it. Should help them get an appetite boost.

EagleWeaponX

ok thanks grif. Ill keep you updated.

Nationality
    [United States]

ok thanks grif. Ill keep you updated.
    You're welcome.

EagleWeaponX

Thank you grif! He ate 1 cricket. Is it better to keep a troubled pacman like mine on paper towel, shallow water, or the coco fiber. Sorry for the questions but I just wanna make my frog better and let him live the best life.

lovenokia

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Ok raise the day temp to 80° to 82° and night temp needs to hover around 78°. Raise the humidity up to 80% and maintain it. Should help them get an appetite boost.
    well that explains why my frog is so hyper for food, my temperature is always at 80-82, humidity is also at 80%.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you grif! He ate 1 cricket. Is it better to keep a troubled pacman like mine on paper towel, shallow water, or the coco fiber. Sorry for the questions but I just wanna make my frog better and let him live the best life.
    I'd keep him on Coco fiber since that's what he's used to. He should come around eventually. How big is he SVL?

EagleWeaponX

What do you mean SVL??

Nationality
    [United States]

What do you mean SVL??
    Snout to Vent Length.

EagleWeaponX

I'm sorry I'm still very confused. What's the vent?? :/

Nationality
    [United States]

[QUOTqE=EagleWeaponX;129656]I'm sorry I'm still very confused. What's the vent?? :/[/QUOTE]

The Cloaka, Their BUTT!!! Lol!!!

Locascio

lol bless your hart grif

EagleWeaponX

He is the exact size of a quarter. Grif i dont know what to do he hasnt eaten in 3 days worms and crickets he wont touch. Ive sat there for hours thing and trying to get him to eat. I really dont know what to do with him. I realize if he doesnt eat he will die. So 3 days of not eating worries me alot. I dont know what to do. Please get back as soon as possible.

Nationality
    [United States]

He is the exact size of a quarter. Grif i dont know what to do he hasnt eaten in 3 days worms and crickets he wont touch. Ive sat there for hours thing and trying to get him to eat. I really dont know what to do with him. I realize if he doesnt eat he will die. So 3 days of not eating worries me alot. I dont know what to do. Please get back as soon as possible.
    Just give him some time to settle. Some take up to a week to settle in. Keep his climate consistant with very little fluctuation and try not to hover over him so much because he may be afraid of you. When you offer him crickets just very stealthily drop them in with him. No more than 5 per night for now. Remove what isn't eaten in the morning. You must be patient.

EagleWeaponX

So just drop them in and let him catch them. No more tong feeding. I will admit i do like to observe my frogs. Any more tips?? do i take out his water bowl when i feed for crickets dont jump in?? Pull him out of his borrow when feeding or leave him in?? Thanks grif.

Nationality
    [United States]

So just drop them in and let him catch them. No more tong feeding. I will admit i do like to observe my frogs. Any more tips?? do i take out his water bowl when i feed for crickets dont jump in?? Pull him out of his borrow when feeding or leave him in?? Thanks grif.
    Don't touch anything. The most you might want to do is uncover just his head so he can see that there is food in with him and then let him be. Be sure the break off the crickets hind legs so they can't jump. This makes them much easier for him to catch.

EagleWeaponX

ok thanks ill keep you updated im gonna feed him tonight. Are you a herpatologist??? If not you should be!

Nationality
    [United States]

ok thanks ill keep you updated im gonna feed him tonight. Are you a herpatologist??? If not you should be!
    No I am not . I guess I could be called an amateur Herpetolygist since I have no degree, but in that respect we all could be called that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information