Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeding...

EagleWeaponX

Default Re: Feeding...

Your probaly better than some that do have a degree. Really though you have probaly help and saved so many frogs, ur like the hero of frog forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWeaponX View Post
    Your probaly better than some that do have a degree. Really though you have probaly help and saved so many frogs, ur like the hero of frog forum.
    I just do what I can to help when I can. I am no expert by far and cannot be given credit for all the frogs that have been saved on this forum as there are other members that have helped in tandem with me in a lot of the posts here. Its the passion for these creatures that drives us all to help if we can. I thank you for your compliments.

EagleWeaponX

So he didnt eat yesterday but he did poop. Very big like bigger than him!!! Then he started to run on the glass, is it possible he was afraid of his poop!?! Any way gonna feed very small dusted crickets tonight about 4, just drop them in like you said. Any thing else??

Nationality
    [United States]

So he didnt eat yesterday but he did poop. Very big like bigger than him!!! Then he started to run on the glass, is it possible he was afraid of his poop!?! Any way gonna feed very small dusted crickets tonight about 4, just drop them in like you said. Any thing else??
    Lol!! They tend to let you know that they pooped by throwing a fit ans trying to get away from it. More than likely its instinctual to get away from their excrement because the odor may attract predators.

EagleWeaponX

Alright so I stuck his head out and drop in 3 crickets for the past 30 mins his eyes have been closed he's not dead but...

Nationality
    [United States]

Alright so I stuck his head out and drop in 3 crickets for the past 30 mins his eyes have been closed he's not dead but...
    He's scared. Just let him be. You don't have any bright lights on do you? Especially any he can see?

EagleWeaponX

No. It's just been 5 days since he ate I mean I'm getting worried but your right me getting worried won't help anything.

Nationality
    [United States]

No. It's just been 5 days since he ate I mean I'm getting worried but your right me getting worried won't help anything.
    He is scared. Just try and be calm and patient. Some do take longer to acclimate.

EagleWeaponX

I hate to say this but how long can he last with out food

Nationality
    [United States]

I hate to say this but how long can he last with out food
    If he hasn't eaten for the last 5 days he may need to be force Fed when he goes over 8 days. I would go out and buy UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE and Fluker's Repta-Boost so you already have it when needs be.

EagleWeaponX

... This is to much... Imma make him better but I mean ****ing hamburg!! (exuse my language) but I new something was wrong he fed him pinkies from birth kept him in 3 inches of water. All this stuff wrong, god damn he told me he could live in a desert habitat, I'm not that dumb, he's been acting weird since I got him this is bull****, people don't give a damn about what there selling, this why I wanna be a reptile breeder, to give animals a good life and the owners. I'm sorry I'm ranting but this is dumb and do are people.
    >

Nationality
    [United States]

... This is to much... Imma make him better but I mean ****ing hamburg!! (exuse my language) but I new something was wrong he fed him pinkies from birth kept him in 3 inches of water. All this stuff wrong, god damn he told me he could live in a desert habitat, I'm not that dumb, he's been acting weird since I got him this is bull****, people don't give a damn about what there selling, this why I wanna be a reptile breeder, to give animals a good life and the owners. I'm sorry I'm ranting but this is dumb and do are people.
    >
    Calm down its not your fault. You can't trust everyone. Just be patient and get what may be needed.

EagleWeaponX

grif i fear today may be the day mayweather goes. He has not come up from a burrow in 48 hrs so today i pulled himout to feed. Eyes are still closed no sign of intrest in food. He has also started to make a clicking noise very loud. Thank you grif for all you did. Were on day 7 of his food strike. Tomorrow is force feeding. I dont know how hes gonna eat with his eyes closed. He will only open his eyes in water. Thank you very much grif if mayweather can pull through i ow it all to you. Even if he doesnt, I am still very gratful that you were here and took a week ot of your life to help me. Thank you, John.

Nationality
    [United States]

grif i fear today may be the day mayweather goes. He has not come up from a burrow in 48 hrs so today i pulled himout to feed. Eyes are still closed no sign of intrest in food. He has also started to make a clicking noise very loud. Thank you grif for all you did. Were on day 7 of his food strike. Tomorrow is force feeding. I dont know how hes gonna eat with his eyes closed. He will only open his eyes in water. Thank you very much grif if mayweather can pull through i ow it all to you. Even if he doesnt, I am still very gratful that you were here and took a week ot of your life to help me. Thank you, John.
    Don't give up yet. the clicking is a don't bother me noise. you may have go soak him in a warm bath for a while. Almost sounds like he is trying to aestivate which you don't want. What are his enclosures conditions and I mean post pics of where everything is located and tell me how moist his substrate is and humidity level.

position of the temp and humidity gauges as well.

lumpbump

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Don't give up yet. the clicking is a don't bother me noise. you may have go soak him in a warm bath for a while. Almost sounds like he is trying to aestivate which you don't want. What are his enclosures conditions and I mean post pics of where everything is located and tell me how moist his substrate is and humidity level.

position of the temp and humidity gauges as well.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe its too cold or too dry and its trying to aestivate like grif is saying. My first week with my C. Cranwelli was relatively trouble free except my mistakes. I had the coir too dry and was under the impression the C. Cranwelli was active during the day not night which was where my feeding trouble came from. I was feeding at the wrong time. I added water and feed him when he is out not when I want. Hope your frog eats soon. Mine went like 5 days or so but he was aestivating due to too dry substrate. Fixed it and plopped him in water. He ate his casing and now is more regular. He pounded another B. Dubia roach tonight like a champ! His color is also changing. He is real yellow tonight not his limes green.

EagleWeaponX

So his waterbowl is in the back of the cage in the corner, He likes to burrow in the middle. His coco fiber is moist. Temp is like 78 to 80. i cant tell humidity because mine broke and pet store doesnt have any in. But i spray it like 3-4 times a day. WHat is aestivate. right now is feeding what do i do grif. Were on day 8 of the food strike. BTW hes in an exo terra kritter keeper.

Nationality
    [United States]

So his waterbowl is in the back of the cage in the corner, He likes to burrow in the middle. His coco fiber is moist. Temp is like 78 to 80. i cant tell humidity because mine broke and pet store doesnt have any in. But i spray it like 3-4 times a day. WHat is aestivate. right now is feeding what do i do grif. Were on day 8 of the food strike. BTW hes in an exo terra kritter keeper.
    I need to see what it looks like. take the temp to 82° during the day and stay at 78° at night. Something isn't right. I'm still unsure what is wrong.

Did you go buy the Repta-Aid(Repta-Boost) and UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE?

EagleWeaponX

yes i bought it. Hear me out. What if i did a pedialyte soak and then fed him. Give him a boost to eat i think he needs it. I am going to get food in him somehow today

EagleWeaponX

I think its too dry in his tank. My fault one side is dry the other is wet. What can i do to fix this.

Nationality
    [United States]

You should never have a dry area at all. Warm side and Cool side. Substrate should always be moist. Give him a Pedialyte soak and go ahead and give him a dose of the Repta-Aid(Repta-Boost).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information