Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacman food?

trd1215

Default Pacman food?

Which is the best pacman food? Is repashy burger a good source of food?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Namio

Default Re: Pacman food?

Hi Roger, this thread would probably be best posted under the Pacman section.

I think the best pacman food for me are nightcrawlers, crickets, and the samurai pacman food. Once in a great while I offer a pinky and live molly (fish). Unfortunately I do not know what a repashy burger is.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

repashy bug burger is to feed to bugs. Both the Samurai Pacman Food by Nuance and the Repashy Meat Pie would be good choices. There is also one by Mazuri that is probably the best bang for your buck. They all have similar ingredients, but the only one designed for Pacman frogs is the Pacman food. Nonetheless I think they would all be fine choices. All of them are fish meal based, and Pacman frogs eat mostly frogs and vertebrates in the wild, so thats fine. You wouldnt have to feed anything else, but nighcrawlers would make a great snack.

trd1215

Quote Originally Posted by Namio View Post
    Hi Roger, this thread would probably be best posted under the Pacman section.

I think the best pacman food for me are nightcrawlers, crickets, and the samurai pacman food. Once in a great while I offer a pinky and live molly (fish). Unfortunately I do not know what a repashy burger is.
    Okay thanks... I have been feeding crickets as main staple just bought some nightcrawlers. Where do i buy the samurai food at?

trd1215

Quote Originally Posted by Ra View Post
    repashy bug burger is to feed to bugs. Both the Samurai Pacman Food by Nuance and the Repashy Meat Pie would be good choices. There is also one by Mazuri that is probably the best bang for your buck. They all have similar ingredients, but the only one designed for Pacman frogs is the Pacman food. Nonetheless I think they would all be fine choices. All of them are fish meal based, and Pacman frogs eat mostly frogs and vertebrates in the wild, so thats fine. You wouldnt have to feed anything else, but nighcrawlers would make a great snack.
    Thanks for the info... Where can i buy the Mazuri food?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

SO I tried the Repashy Meat Pie, and it doesnt get the same gummy consistency as the Pacman food does. They simply bite right through it rather than taking the whole piece. I guess it works better for animals that are aquatic or ones that eat from a food dish.
    The Pacman food holds together in a gummy ball and makes it easier to feed to them with tongs.

trd1215

I just bought some pacman food from Samurai... cant wait to try it out.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I don't mean to jack your thread, but do you guys think the pacman food would work with African bullfrogs as well?

arielgasca420

how dare you hijack this thread Bruce by the way, I did some research. GriftheGreat posted a thread on the ingredients on the samurai pacman food. The ingredients dont seem like they would be bad for a Pyxi. here is the link. the second link is a thread about feeding the samurai food to pyxicephalus adspersus. enjoy
    http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frogs/10885-pacman-food-ingredients-requested-bg.html

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...cman-food.html

Nationality
    [United States]

lol!! I'm sorry!!!
    That's cool! I may have to invest in some soon, give it a try...

Nationality
    [United States]

[QUOTE=Bruce;129664]I don't mean to jack your thread, but do you guys think the pacman food would work with African bullfrogs as well?[/QUITE

It is perfectly fine to feed for African bullfrogs. It just gets expensive fast if you use it as a staple. Great for a treat though! :-D

Nationality
    [United States]

I can see how it would get expensive!!

trd1215

Got the pacman food but he spits it out... maybe doesnt like it yet.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Sometimes theyd ont like it at first cause its a weird thing for them but they get used to it. Just make it a bit stickier and they wont be able to spit it out. After the first few feedings you wont have to do that.

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by trd1215 View Post
    Yeah my baby Cornuta initially spitted it back out the first time, and refused to eat it again during that feeding session. So, the next day I first fed it something it likes (a piece of nightcrawler), then after the nightcrawler was swallowed, I fed it samurai pacman food and the frog took it without thinking (probably thinking it's another piece of nightcrawler). Basically, that's how I would introduce samurai pacman food to your frogs.

I also have a WC juvenile western toad, and the toad, being a wildlife, is pretty skittish with food. I was able to feed it samurai pacman food by making it into a shape of fat wax worm and throw it in front of the toad. After 6-7 attempts the toad took it cuz most frogs can't resist eating things thrown in front of their face.

Nationality
    [Belgium]

Which is the best pacman food? Is repashy burger a good source of food?
    I've raised mine with crickets (powdered from time to time), nightcrawlers, occasional guppy, desert locusts (Schistocerca gregaria), tebo worms (with the head cut off). As soon as the were about a year old I started giving them pinky mice, then fuzzies and now they eat hopper mice.

Nationality
    [United States]

They each have individual likes and dislikes about food. Most Pacs love pacman food, but sometimes they are hesitant about it initially. Usually once they actually eat a piece, they like it. You might have to get a little sneaky though! You can do what Namio said and offer a worm and then the pacman food. That usually works. I have also wrapped a little piece of pacman food around the worm. That worked too. :-)

Nationality
    [Canada]

I've been thinking to get some of pac food too, but the shipping is expensive to Canada. I've been thinking to get may be 2 packages for the same shipping. how long 14oz would last if to feed it as a staple? just to get an idea, currently the baby is 1.5', so won't eat much yet.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

If yor frog is 1.5 inches it will need to eat it at least two to three times a week. One four ounce bag would last 3-4 months if this were the absolute only thing you fed to your frog, longer if you use other foods (recommended). It doesnt come in 14oz bags does it?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ra, the baby grew from 1' that it was at the end of August and now he/she is over 3' already scary growth rate eats pacman food like there's no tomorrow, I'm alternating, one feeding nightcrawlers, another pacman food, 2 bags that I got will last long.

yeah i made a mistake, the biggest bag is 4oz.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information