Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tong feeding 102

JIvoryII

Default Tong feeding 102

Ok we got another video done last night. Hope you like it.

Tong Feeding 102 - YouTube

2. 2 members thank JIvoryII for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Excellent video Jess!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Tong feeding 102

Great video again guys. That should really help members and inexperienced keepers tong feed their Pacs better and more easily.

JIvoryII

Thank you, thats what we are hoping. Now to figure out what the next vid will be...

IvoryReptiles

I'm thinking maybe a video on how to handle the frogs.........any suggestions?

Nationality
    [United States]

Show us your rack system and all your frogs
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

dpcsquid

Wow, just...wow. That was awesome, and I love at the end how you're like "They never cease to fascinate me--" and your breeder is sitting there with her tongue sticking out. Ffffff!

I'd love to see your set-up, where you keep all your frogs, etc. I just love seeing other people's houses, I guess--I'm a voyeur.

Oh, I was wondering if you breed your nightcrawlers or if you just buy them in mega-bulk, considering how many froggies you have.

Annnnnd I think that you and I have Cornuta from the same breeder. My little guy is a fattie, though. Yours look more proportionate!

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by dpcsquid View Post
    Wow, just...wow. That was awesome, and I love at the end how you're like "They never cease to fascinate me--" and your breeder is sitting there with her tongue sticking out. Ffffff!

I'd love to see your set-up, where you keep all your frogs, etc. I just love seeing other people's houses, I guess--I'm a voyeur.

Oh, I was wondering if you breed your nightcrawlers or if you just buy them in mega-bulk, considering how many froggies you have.

Annnnnd I think that you and I have Cornuta from the same breeder. My little guy is a fattie, though. Yours look more proportionate!
    I will include the larger cornutas we got in the trade......now those are little Jabbas!!! We got 15 and lost one but the 4 you did see in the video are the smallest in the group. We will do a video on our racks & set-ups eventually.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback folks, we appreciate it!!!

TeeRiddle

Thanks so much for doing these videos - great stuff! I'm still working with Orion to try to get him used to tongs. He's very tong shy lol. If I drop a worm in front of him he will snap it up as soon as it starts wiggling, but whenever the tongs come around he becomes shy. If I just drop it in front of him and pull the tongs away he pops back up and begins going after it.

I was thinking of doing a short video of attempting a tong feeding. Maybe you could see what I'm doing wrong or right?

Oh... as a bonus, I am thinking Orion really is a male now. I haven't tried sexing him (or her) yet because I'm thinking he's still too young, but while watching your video last night be croaked three or four times. My laptop was in the general direction he was facing and I'm wondering if he saw the frogs in the video and decided to give out a "what's up?" lol

Again, thanks a bunch!

IvoryReptiles

Play the calling video for him/her and see if you get a vocal response.
    Thanks!

frogsubrosa

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    Will appreciate if you can show us some tips and tricks on how to handle the frogs at various sizes.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    I think handling tips would be a great video especially for frogs of all sizes.

Eric Buschman

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Great video again guys. That should really help members and inexperienced keepers tong feed their Pacs better and more easily.
    Already helped me feed my stubborn eater

JIvoryII

Thanks thats exactly what we did them for... Grad it help you!

Yes I think handling is going to be the next video.... guess I'll finally get bit....LOL...

Namio

Hi Jess and Jim, thank you for the awesome feeding videos and I, probably many others, would love to see your larger Cornuta feeding!

aquamentus11

yes, this is very helpful. thank you.

aquamentus11

my little hybrid is very stubborn about tong feeding. he turns in complete circles to get away, runs away, pushes the worm away, etc. and absolutely will not bite at it. i don't want to stress him out too much so i only try a few times with breaks in between then drop some crickets (which he eats right away). should i withhold food to get him trained? i don't want to reinforce this behavior in him, but also don't want him to starve. the weird thing is, he ate a worm right off the bat his first night here and never ate one again....sigh anyway, the video gives great info, but just isn't working in my case. any ideas?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by aquamentus11 View Post
    my little hybrid is very stubborn about tong feeding. he turns in complete circles to get away, runs away, pushes the worm away, etc. and absolutely will not bite at it. i don't want to stress him out too much so i only try a few times with breaks in between then drop some crickets (which he eats right away). should i withhold food to get him trained? i don't want to reinforce this behavior in him, but also don't want him to starve. the weird thing is, he ate a worm right off the bat his first night here and never ate one again....sigh anyway, the video gives great info, but just isn't working in my case. any ideas?
    Maybe wait a day then sneak in while he's awake and drop a chunk of worm directly in his field of view. Most will snatch it up without thinking. Once he really likes worms he will take them from tongs, BUT not all frogs will feed from tongs. Some just down right dont like them.

aquamentus11

Maybe wait a day then sneak in while he's awake and drop a chunk of worm directly in his field of view. Most will snatch it up without thinking. Once he really likes worms he will take them from tongs, BUT not all frogs will feed from tongs. Some just down right dont like them.
    Knowing my luck, he'll be one of those... can't wait to trick him though

TeeRiddle

Finally.... SUCCESS!!

Orion grabbed a worm chunk from tongs this evening for the first time (after a couple minutes of agitating him with it).

**Does the Happy Tong Feeding Dance**

I was hoping it would happen pretty soon because he would snap, but miss, at a worm chunk the past couple feedings. I knew we were getting close.

Hopefully his aim gets better because he completely stinks when trying to grab a morsel. If worm grabbing was an Olympic event there'd be no medals for him

I can't thank you guys enough for doing the awesome videos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information