Thread: time it takes for white tree frog to grow

lovenokia

Default time it takes for white tree frog to grow

How long does it take for a whites tree frog to grow to 4-5 inches. I am thinking about getting one right now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

lovenokia

Default Re: time it takes for white tree frog to grow

anyone?

Pactolus

Why would it matter?

lovenokia

Quote Originally Posted by Pactolus View Post
    Why would it matter?
    cause when I was a lot you get I had a tree frog for 1 year and a half and it did not grow, just barely.

Nationality
    [United States]

Generally, only females will reach that size, but from what I understand a length of 5" is rare. Most females end up at around 4".
    Male White's tree frogs usually stay around 3" long.
    I'm aware that it doesn't entirely answer your question, but I don't know exactly how long it takes for a frog to reach full size. Just letting you know that if you want a big one, look for a female.

Pactolus

Quote Originally Posted by lovenokia View Post
    cause when I was a lot you get I had a tree frog for 1 year and a half and it did not grow, just barely.
    Once again, why does it matter? Who cares if it doesn't grow fast?

lovenokia

Quote Originally Posted by bargavikwit28875
    Generally, only females will reach that size, but from what I understand a length of 5" is rare. Most females end up at around 4".
    Male White's tree frogs usually stay around 3" long.
    I'm aware that it doesn't entirely answer your question, but I don't know exactly how long it takes for a frog to reach full size. Just letting you know that if you want a big one, look for a female.
    I saw a friend with a pretty big frog and loved the way that it looked. I think that tree frogs that are around 4 inches look way cooler than when they are at a smaller size. I just like them a lot more.

Nationality
    [United States]

Fair enough. However, White's tree frogs are among the largest tree frogs out there. There are a few that might be marginally larger, but White's have a lot of other things going for them: they are hardy, have simple needs and tolerate occasional handling. If you would like a large tree frog, your best bet would probably be to try and find an adult White's.

lovenokia

what about this one here on craigslist? from the looks male or female?
    Dumpy Tree Frog+Supplies

Nationality
    [United States]

Wow, that's a fat one! Sexing White's tree frogs with photos is tricky. Usually you would look for nuptial pads on their thumbs, which are obscured in those pictures, or listen for calls. Otherwise, it is guesswork at best. That one looks like it's about 3 inches. If it looks large enough for you as it is, then it doesn't really matter whether it is male or female, unless you have factors in your preference other than size.
    If you are interested in that particular frog, you can call the owner and ask her to examine her frog for pads or ask her about its calling habits. Or, you can try and find a breeder in your area and see if they have any frogs they have sexed already. There are lots of options.
    If you live in Southern California, I can recommend LLL Reptile, they take excellent care of their animals and are very knowledgeable. Apparently, they have a 3.5" White's in stock at the moment. Ordering online is fairly expensive, don't know if it's worth it to you, but if you live near the location of the store where they have that particular frog, you can probably just stop by. Indonesian Whites Tree Frogs
    If you end up getting the one from Craigslist, do be sure to provide branches, plants and such for climbing. White's are arboreal frogs, not to mention they feel safer in a densely planted terrarium.

lovenokia

Quote Originally Posted by bargaviking View Post
    Wow, that's a fat one! Sexing White's tree frogs with photos is tricky. Usually you would look for nuptial pads on their thumbs, which are obscured in those pictures, or listen for calls. Otherwise, it is guesswork at best. That one looks like it's about 3 inches. If it looks large enough for you as it is, then it doesn't really matter whether it is male or female, unless you have factors in your preference other than size.
    If you are interested in that particular frog, you can call the owner and ask her to examine her frog for pads or ask her about its calling habits. Or, you can try and find a breeder in your area and see if they have any frogs they have sexed already. There are lots of options.
    If you live in Southern California, I can recommend LLL Reptile, they take excellent care of their animals and are very knowledgeable. Apparently, they have a 3.5" White's in stock at the moment. Ordering online is fairly expensive, don't know if it's worth it to you, but if you live near the location of the store where they have that particular frog, you can probably just stop by. Indonesian Whites Tree Frogs
    If you end up getting the one from Craigslist, do be sure to provide branches, plants and such for climbing. White's are arboreal frogs, not to mention they feel safer in a densely planted terrarium.
    When I was much younger I had a whites for almost 2 years before it died. It never grew over 1.5 inches, but now I have some other dogs that are doing great and want to try the whites tree frog again.

lovenokia

I am a bit too far from the retail store, not sure if the drive be would be worth it.

Thread Information