Thread: We got a new froggy!

Rae

Default We got a new froggy!

So I'm very excited to announce my have a new member to the family. Last night my daughter found another grey tree frog to join Frodo and Sam... she has named it Merry. This one is full grown and as big as Frodo, at about 2 inches long and green atm, though she said it was brown before she put it in a container. I will take pictures soon but I don't want to stress it out too much as it gets used to its new family.

Right now it is in a large cricket keeper for incubation period, it seems to be moving around fine eating unless the crickets escaped and has already pooped... don't know if it has bathed yet though. All 3 of my frogs are wild caught from home. The first 2 we kinda saved, this one though it has been extremly hot humid and dry the last couple weeks I think is in good condition.

My husband isn't crazy about having a cricket keeper on the counter for a month.... is it best to wait that long or is a couple weeks enough to know if it is safe and healthy to add it with the others?... I hate stressing it out having to change the paper towel subtrate and water so often in the small container.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: We got a new froggy!

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics!!

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Thread Information