Thread: Where can i get this food?

Ivan M

Default Where can i get this food?

I would love to feed my PACS this food, where can i get it and can they live a full healthy life with just this food? thanks in advance.

PacmanFood of Samurai-Japan Reptiles - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Where can i get this food?

You can get it here; order of PacmanFood.com

Go with the bigger bag, its a better deal. 12.95 plus 4.95 shipping and it will last a long time, even if you have a few frogs.

I use this food every other feeding or so and I think its great. You will probably want to make sure your frog is accustomed to tong feeding first though.

While I prefer to feed my frogs a somewhat more varied diet, this is appearantly what Nuance Herptile Farm of Japan uses to feed there frogs exclusively and they produce some beautiful and healthy looking frogs. The basis of the food is fish meal, which is high calorie so its important not to overfeed. It also contains some plant materials that act both as binding agents and also provide some basic plant nutrition that frogs would get naturally from the guts of bugs/rodents/fish. And to top it off it contains Calcium and D3 as well as several other vitamins and minerals.
    I've found that a "ball" just a bit smaller than the frogs skull makes an adequate meal. Feed frogs under two inches once every day or two days, juveniles over two inches every two or three days, and adults once a week with this food.

Despite some claims about "vertebrate" prey being bad for frogs I would beg to differ. Its more likely that vertebrate prey such as tadpoles, other frogs, occassionoal fish and small rodents make up the bulk of these ambush predators diets though Im sure they eat quite a few bugs as well. Their are problems specific to feeding pinkie and fuzzy mice too much, and there are problems with feeding "feeder" goldfish and other "feeder" fish that are specific to themselves, such as low calcium content in pinkie, high fat content in mammals and unsanitary rearing methods in feeder fish.

Ivan M

WOW RA, thanks so much for this great info, i will order a large bag, i don't mind feeding them a pink or fuzzy once every other month, this staple of food with the occasional cricket looks like the way to go, i only have 4 pacs, but i am certain they will not be my only 4, LOL!

infamouschris7

Is this good for the pacmans? I see that they are feeding them to all those frogs but there are a lot of ingredients on that label so how do u know that this is safe? I am interested in buying it but curious to know how this will benefit my pacman better than crickets or nightcrawlers.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You can get a baby out of the water to two inches in length within a month with this food. I use it on my froglets to get them up to a good size before being sold. If you need his email I can give anyone it.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by infamouschris7 View Post
    Is this good for the pacmans? I see that they are feeding them to all those frogs but there are a lot of ingredients on that label so how do u know that this is safe? I am interested in buying it but curious to know how this will benefit my pacman better than crickets or nightcrawlers.

Yeah, its good for them, just dont overfeed, one good sized nugget a day is enough for a baby. Watch their weight and monitor the frequency of their pooping. Its a high calorie food and a single serving goes a long way.
    To be honest, crickets arent all that great or nutritious of a food, they consist of mostly undigestable parts that just pass through, though nightrawlers are a great food for frogs. Variety is always better, which is why i often give my frogs nightcrawlers and live fish (not gold fish or other feeder fish) as well as this food, but they can and do live and grow on this food alone and be very healthy.
    As far as safety, all of the ingredients an be looked up online and you an see for yourself that they are safe. I think Nuance and Samurai Japan, and even Mikesfrogs success with the food being used over a prolonged period of time is testament to its safety.

infamouschris7

Awesome that's all I needed to know. I will most likely buy some.

infamouschris7

I know that it says for pacman frogs only but could this be fed to a pixie frog?

Nationality
    [United States]

I know that it says for pacman frogs only but could this be fed to a pixie frog?
    Yes, but it will hurt your wallet!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yes, if they will eat it.

infamouschris7

Haha thanks for the heads up. I'm more than sure my pixie will eat it cuz he eats anything I drop in his aquarium

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Haha thanks for the heads up. I'm more than sure my pixie will eat it cuz he eats anything I drop in his aquarium
    Those things are eating machines man. I'd ratehr breed some dubia roaches and save the money. You can even freeze the roaches and thaw out if your frog is enthuiastic about eating.

Thread Information