Thread: My kids' new baby PacMans

AReaHerps

Default My kids' new baby PacMans

Went to the herp show this weekend and came home with 2 baby pacmans. They are cute little boogers. The albino is a pig and not shy about eating. I think the normal needs a day or two to settle in. I know he ate but refused in front of us. Could you all offer some advice on feeders, good substrate to protect from impactions, and any other pointers. Thanks. I was only able to get a good pic of the albino. We picked them up from East Bay Vivarium from Berkeley, CA.

Sent from my Android Tapatalk App!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Froggiefressh

Default Re: My kids' new baby PacMans

Very cute Pacman you have there. The substrate everyone recommends especially for pacmans would be coco fiber. They can eat it and it won't cause impaction. Make sure you go through the fiber to find any large or balled up substrate. My pacmen personally love crickets and earthworms and that is their stable diet for now until I get my dubia colony going. Keep them between 80-83 degrees, humidiy 80%. If using lighting The albinos lighting should be infrared. Normal lighting will cause them to go blind.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Great advice from FroggieFressh. Great looking Albino.

AReaHerps

Thanks! That's great advice. I did some basic research before we got them but i was curious if there was any other "insider" wisdom i could steal from you all!
    I currently have them on eco and inside my reptile room which has a gradient of ambient temps of 80-83 during the day and 72-78 at nights. I figured they would thrive simply on sitting on one of my empty shelves. I have crixkets, dubias, and various worms. Would they be okay with superworms or mealworms?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by AReaHerps View Post
    Thanks! That's great advice. I did some basic research before we got them but i was curious if there was any other "insider" wisdom i could steal from you all!
    I currently have them on eco and inside my reptile room which has a gradient of ambient temps of 80-83 during the day and 72-78 at nights. I figured they would thrive simply on sitting on one of my empty shelves. I have crixkets, dubias, and various worms. Would they be okay with superworms or mealworms?

Night time temp should never drop below 75°. You'll want to hover around 78°. Your day temp is fine. No superworms or mealworms. The chitin that their exoskeleton is made up of can cause an impaction.

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by AReaHerps View Post
    Went to the herp show this weekend and came home with 2 baby pacmans. They are cute little boogers. The albino is a pig and not shy about eating. I think the normal needs a day or two to settle in. I know he ate but refused in front of us. Could you all offer some advice on feeders, good substrate to protect from impactions, and any other pointers. Thanks. I was only able to get a good pic of the albino. We picked them up from East Bay Vivarium from Berkeley, CA.

The east bay vivarium in Berkeley is the most awesome pet shop I've been to. Love that place. I picked up my first ever ornate pacman there.
    Grif is right on with superworms or meal worms can potentially cause lethal impaction, and the risk is not worth it. Although, IMO, you "can" feed a newly molted superworm when it's completely snow white. During that short window (within an hour or so) the new exoskeleton is still very soft. However, this is to be done with caution. May not worth your time & risk, after all.

Thread Information