Thread: Whites Tree Frog -- Skin Bump?? HELP!!

BerryNight

Exclamation Whites Tree Frog -- Skin Bump?? HELP!!

I have a female whites tree frog named Nelly. I just got her at Petco about 3 weeks ago and I brought her home not knowing much about her. Petco didn't even know what kind of tree frog she was or if she was a male or female and they also didn't know her age. I was very angry and took her home because she was in a very small tank that wasn't humitified enough. Once I got her home I put her in a larger terrarium/virarium with 2 grey tree frogs (1 male 1 female) and she just hid for a while. I misted her and the tank very, very much, so much it was almost flooding the water dish. She rested for a while then I gave her a nice warm bath then placed her inside a bit smaller encloser by herself and she layed in the water dish for a while. I watched her carefully for about 2 hours and she didn't really do much except for lay on the ground in some shade. The humitity was high and the temp. was about 81 degrees F. She seemed quite happy. About 2 days later she ate a cricket and now shes on a schedule of 3 crickets of 3 days. She isn't fat and she isn't thin, I think that she is healthy now except for the fact that she has a bump on her back and it's been there for a few days. I'm worried about what it is, and if it is something serious, how could I fix it??
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  103.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Whites Tree Frog -- Skin Bump?? HELP!!

She needs to see a vet familiar with treating herps, that's your only option. If there is not one available, there is a vet who is able to help via pics and detailed descriptions of the problems. His name is Dr. Frye and maybe you can find his email if you search the forum.
    if I understand correctly, you had her housed with your greys? But not anymore? You do know it is not advisable to mix frog species because of the risk of toxicity?
    What size enclosure do you have her in now?
    It's also not necessary to flood the enclosure with misting. White's don't require very high humidity, in fact it could cause bacterial infections and respiratory illness.
    Have you read this? Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea
    I found this care article very helpful when I first got my white's.
    Aside form those things, you should seek the advice of a vet. The bump could be any number of things, and very treatable.
    Good luck, and don't let this little girl down.
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

BerryNight

Thank you very much and I have read the article because frankly, I like researching things. ;p And I will try my best to contact Dr.Frye but I'm not sure if my parents would be too fond of me buying meds from anyone, but I will try my hardest! Thanks again...

Make sure you separate your Whites from the greys. On top of that if Nelly is sick you should not be placing her in with the other frogs.

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

BerryNight

Ok I have them seperated and plan to.

Thread Information