Thread: Feeding Questions?

Heartshapedbuttons

Default Feeding Questions?

Hi there! Two weeks ago, I was given a beautiful green pacman by a friend. I was told she is nearly a year old. I have been feeding her canned crickets, about an inch or so long each, from my local pet store. However, she will never eat more than one in one sitting, and on some days she won't eat at all. When she does eat, it takes at least ten minutes to get her to take the cricket. She isn't impacted, I made sure of that. I'm extremely worried that I've done something wrong, since I'm fairly sure that pacmans her age ought to be eating like crazy. Could anyone help me out?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogger05

Default Re: Feeding Questions?

Maybe it's the fact that the crickets are canned? I'm not sure. Try getting live ones that come in the bag.

hotnickles96

Use live crickets.

Locascio

yea youve got to get him live foods i promes he will eat try useing earthworms to pacs love them

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum. First off, be sure you read this: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding. There could be several reasons for your frogs not eating well. Without knowing more about the frogs conditions it is very hard to tell what is the cause. Please answer these questions: http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html. Most likely reasons:

1) Most pacs will only eat live prey. Try feeding live crickets. Better yet, use nightcrawlers. They are more nutritious and make a better staple diet.

2) Their appetite does slow down as they reach maturity which can happen anywhere from 8 months to over a year. A pacman that is at least a year probably won't eat every night. But it sounds like she is isn't eating enough.

3) Stress. These frogs getted stressed very easily and when they do, they stop eating. Moving to a new home was stressful for your girl. Any problems with her enclosure can cause stress as well: improper temps/humidity, too much noise, too much handling, etc. Also make SURE you dechlorinate tap water.

Thread Information