Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My pixie named Keroppi

kero24keroppi

Default Re: My pixie named Keroppi

ah I see. hmm, the lady who used to own him said the last time he ate a hopper was 3 yrs ago, and ever since he only eats 2 crickets at least once a week, and sometimes they skip the feeding because she said she doesnt have time... she said she was surprise hes still alive... maybe he just grow super slow... I remember I use to have a bearded dragon and a veiled chameleon, and what I did was the same thing, and the chameleon and the beardie stopped growing theyre like 3 yrs old, but really small and skinny reptiles... Its my fault.. but anyway, that probably is the case with this froggy... or maybe its a female... =)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jace

Wow, what great looking frogs! Male or female, I don't think you can have too many AFBs. And no, I don't have a video on YouTube. What are the names of your other two?

kero24keroppi

i see, thank you!! =D their names are, Keroppi, Koroppi and Pikki, all names are from Sanrio...

Jace

Great names! I especially like Pikki. I have a 15 gallon sitting empty in my kitchen-perfect for another Pyxie I'm thinking. What kind of set-ups do you have for Keroppi, Koroppi and Pikki?

kero24keroppi

for now theyre in a 10 gallon tank, with eco earth as substrate and and huge water bowl.. sorry for the late reply.. been busy this past few weeks.. I have a new question by the way, i just heard keroppi croaked last night and and a few minutes ago around 11 pm.. but it doesnt sound like the one we have here on the site... hmm.. was that normal?

its just him croaking natural all humans have different voices
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

losism

If It didn't sound like the audio on the care sheet then it wasn't a croak. It was probably his toes rubbing on the bottom of the tank. When my guy croaks he really croaks. Next time look over at his tank and see if he is standing high on his front legs, chest out, and inflated. They strike this superman pose when croaking.

I had so many false croaks in my life with all my frogs. I had to go through 4 females before landing a male pixie. I thought I heard all of them croak. When I heard my male finally croak I got goosebumps.

kero24keroppi

i know the sound of it, when they rub their hind legs, i hear it a lot, but not this one, im pretty sure its a croak, because its sound like a small cow.. lol and its load too. like a cow moo.. i dont know how to explain. but i definetly know what youre talking about, that rubbing squeaky sound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information