Thread: Receiving 4 Blue Azureus this weekend!!!!

Wicked frogs

Default Receiving 4 Blue Azureus this weekend!!!!

I am happy to say that i am adopting 4 Blue Azureus dart frogs this weekend i have been sitting on the end of my seat waiting for this weekend to come and go and pick up these little fellas i will add pics down below but i had a convo with the guy that i am getting them from he said that they are all in one tank 2 are 1 1/2 and the other are 10 months i have been doing some research on them since i really didn't know much and i saw that sometimes you might have to separate them cause they can pick on another and the guy told me that the lil ones are a little skinny because the older ones are eating all the food. I know i want to sex them then separate them but for them time being should i keep them in the same exo terra or take the little ones out till they get bigger? When i pick them up and bring them to my house i will take some better pics and a video to show all but for now here are them pics that the guy took and another thing check out my blog i posted today there are some pics and a little spiel which i think you all will enjoy thx all have a great day.

http://www.frogforum.net/blogs/wicke...yesterday.html

Name:  bl.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  118.3 KBName:  bl1.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  81.2 KB

Timmy Z

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Receiving 4 Blue Azureus this weekend!!!!

Grats for being in the right area to pick up these beautiful little guys. I would be lying if I did not say I was a little jealous. They look beutiful! I wish I knew more about the Azureus to help with your questions. I know that the Tincs are that way but that does not really help you. Hope your questions get answered soon! Once again Grats!

4. This member thanks helm96 for this post:

Wicked frogs

Thanks Will i had to jump on it if it were in another state i might of not gotten the but then again all the states in New England are pretty close well at least for me cause i trucked for 5 years but if was an offer that i couldn't turn down the guy says he put in just about a grand into it which is kinda hard to tell through the pics but hey stuff is pricey ya know i just talked with him and i am going to be picking them up tomorrow afternoon so yea i pumped i love my frogs and these frogs will be loved just as much as my two other lil buddies well thanks again and have a great night.

Timmy Z

arielgasca420

jealous! i remember seeing the thread in the give away section. they are going to a good home.

7. This member thanks arielgasca420 for this post:

arielgasca420

and I love the idea of that make shift fogger from a humidifier. It seems more sturdy than the repitfogger. I am thinking of investing in that same humidifier. let me know how it works out for you.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I think they should be fine together.

Have you got your fruit fly cultures yet? They take about 7 to 10 days to start producing if they are cultures just made.
    If you have picked up cultures already producing, get t least two cultures made every few weeks to keep up with feeding. i always do two in case one fails.

As for feeding them you can put some banana in a small plastic lid or larger bottle cap and place that in to let the banana rot aaway and attract the flies to make it a feeding station. Put them in two locations and that should give the smaller frogs a chance at either the loose flies or the ones at the stations.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Wicked frogs

I will definitely let you know tomorrow night

Wicked frogs

Yes he just ordered some from Florida they just arrived today and i like your idea with the banana but do i need to put a lid on it with holes or just simply put a piece of banana inside a lid? but yea if everything goes as planned i will have them tomorrow night just hope they don't get wicked stressed out ill just give em a lil TLC with the flies asides from that i will most likely have some questions about them and it's good to know i know the right people to help me out on here anyways talk to you guys later.

ToadPaparazzi

D. Tinctorius do best in pairs. You could possibly get away with a 2.1 group. I would not recommend putting 2 females together; females are notoriously aggressive and known to kill not just other females, but males as well. You can tell makes from females by looking at their toe pads. Males have significantly larger toe pads.

-Christian

13. This member thanks ToadPaparazzi for this post:

Wicked frogs

Thanks Toad!

ToadPaparazzi

No worries... You're gonna love your frogs!!!

16. This member thanks ToadPaparazzi for this post:

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Sweet, dude.

18. This member thanks John for this post:

Thread Information