Thread: Tobacco smoking and FBT's.

Ribbet

Default Tobacco smoking and FBT's.

I smoke some times and when I do it is about 2 feet from where the tank is. Will that hurt my, don't have them yet, FBT's?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Tobacco smoking and FBT's.

Possibly. Second-hand smoke is known to cause lung cancer in humans and frogs are much more sensitive than us. So why chance it?

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Forget cancer causing substances. Nicotine is actually a very toxic substance in and of itself, it just won't kill a human in the dose you administer to yourself each time you smoke. Given how sensitive frogs are to chemicals in their environment, you're playing a dangerous game with their health.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Ribbet

Good info, I'll switch to smoking outside, which will please my non smoking friends. Thanks.

Nationality
    [United States]

As a pipe smoker, I can speak from experience. Never smoke around your critters, or even in the same house they are in. You will see an increased mortality rate, all sorts of eye problems and miserable critters. There is an added bonus to this, it is amazing how much cleaner your house stays (and smells) by smoking outside). Your pets (and people) will thank you.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

premiumhawks

i need some advice from you. i have 3 albino clawed frogs and one is more aggressive and larger than the other two. this morning i awoke to see that one of the smaller ones leg is all red and at a closer look it seems to have many broken toes or advanced fungal infection, the frog also has very red eyes.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by premiumhawks View Post
    i need some advice from you. i have 3 albino clawed frogs and one is more aggressive and larger than the other two. this morning i awoke to see that one of the smaller ones leg is all red and at a closer look it seems to have many broken toes or advanced fungal infection, the frog also has very red eyes.
    Better to post this in the proper place rather than hijacking another, unrelated thread.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Kurt

Maybe the smaller one was beaten up? I agree with Johnny, you should've started another thread with this inquery. Its more likely to get the proper attention it needs that way.

FrogSplash

back when i was living with myself in an apartment, i would smoke my hookah for a few hours at a time, and when the snakes came out at night (while smoking), they would act like the air was hurting them. while i never blew smoke directly in the tank, that alone is reason enough to not smoke in the house/apt or near them

Thread Information