Thread: How long to de-stress gray tree froglets before "container-feeding?"

PooOnShu

Default How long to de-stress gray tree froglets before "container-feeding?"

Hi. I'm pretty new here, and new to the world of frogging.

If you've already seen my videos of the hawk, you know that we have a little man-made breeding ground for gray tree frogs. I caught 20 of the tads to watch them grow, and decided to keep 4 for myself. They're all doing great, and developing nicely, and it's about time to let the remaining 14 (one tad died before sprouting legs) go off and be froggies.

Right now, I have them settling into a kritter keeper. Three of them seem to be filling out nicely on flightless fruit flies, but one seems a little skinny. I just put them in there on Wednesday (7/4). Do you think it's too early to take the skinny one and put it into a tupperware container to feed, or should I let it figure out the hunt for itself?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

PooOnShu

Default Re: How long to de-stress gray tree froglets before "container-feeding?"

Nevermind. They're all eating just fine now.

A friend at work gave me a good idea to keep the bugs in the kritter keeper. I cut the legs off a pair of panty hose I don't wear anymore, cut across it to make it into one flat piece, stretch that over the top, and put the lid over that. I was using plastic wrap at first, but I didn't want to risk falling asleep with it on, and there being no air circulation.

Thread Information