Thread: Gray tree frog or Cope's gray tree frogs

Charlotte Benedict

Default Gray tree frog or Cope's gray tree frogs

I am raising tadpoles which I am pretty sure are gray tree frogs, so respond if you are interested!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Gray tree frog or Cope's gray tree frogs

Hi Charlotte,

I have been trying to obtain some gray tree frogs for awhile - either species. Once they've metamophosed I'd be interested in buying at least a half dozen. I'm curious about where you collected them and if you've raised tads before. Have you had normal rains? I'm in Dallas currently, and used to be able to collect them in Austin, but the ponds are not usually holding water long enough for grays to breed. Strecker's Chorus Frogs breed successfully there each year, but they breed much earlier, before summer conditions kick in. Any way, I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Johnliam

Charlotte Benedict

I'm sorry, I don't have any left! There is another person on the forum though that raises them each year. Here is a link to her profile View Profile: Abigale - Frog Forum The gray tree frogs like to lay their eggs in areas without any fish, or other aquatic life, so I would look in fountains. Mine lay eggs in a fountain every year. I would be able to get you the tadpoles, if you would like to raise them your self. Contact me if you would like the tadpoles, or would rather just have the frogs. I'm sorry I cant raise them for you!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi Charlotte,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Work has had me on the road, so this didn't turn out to be a good season to follow up. I would love to get some tadpoles from you and raise them myself next time they are available. Would that be next spring? I'll be back home in Austin in about 3 weeks (middle of August), but I don't suppose you'll still have any then? if not I'll check in with you next spring. thanks for responding!

Johnliam

[QUOTE=Charlotte Benedict;124194]I'm sorry, I don't have any left! There is another person on the forum though that raises them each year. Here is a link to her profile View Profile: Abigale - Frog Forum The gray tree frogs like to lay their eggs in areas without any fish, or other aquatic life, so I would look in fountains. Mine lay eggs in a fountain every year. I would be able to get you the tadpoles, if you would like to raise them your self. Contact me if you would like the tadpoles, or would rather just have the frogs. I'm sorry I cant raise them for you!

Thread Information