Thread: 2 questions

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default 2 questions

I have 2 WTFs and I originally had eco earth as the substrate and heat and humidity stayed at good levels. I got worried about them eating too much of the eco earth and decided to remove it and just put a green reptile carpet at the bottom of the tank. I really like the carpet because it's easy to clean and easier to see crickets. However, I now have a humidity problem. Does anyone use a carpet or a mat and if so how do you humidify the tank? I have a fogger but if I leave it on all day even on low it brings the humidity up way too high. Should I go back to eco earth? They get crazy when they eat and dive all over the tank to get crickets, 9 times out of 10 missing the cricket!

Their tank is 18x18x24 and has 3 fake plants/a resin tree branch/ and a water bowl. I have a 5.0 UVB light that is on during the day.

Also, I posted this before as something I just wanted to say wasn't really looking for an answer at that time. My Fiona seems to like to stay up during the day, is that normal? This week Tues, Wed, Thurs. She did go to sleep in them morning after a weekend of staying up till 12-1pm. Today I just came home from work and it's 3pm and she's up! Every night, she still wakes up around 7pm and she's very active. Health wise she's fine(eating, pooping, squirting pee across the tank) but I just wonder if this is normal behavior.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wicked frogs

Default Re: 2 questions

I would stick with the eco earth and what type of frogs do you have and what are WTF'S???

Nationality
    [United States]

White's tree frog is a green tree frog the scientific name is Litoria caerulea. I've seen it referred to on here as an White's, Australian green tree frog or a dumpy frog.

Wicked frogs

yea i would def stick with the eco earth i see them types of froms all the time and they are housed in dirt and for the feeding part if they are eating a lot of dirt you can feed them in a plastic tub or whateva i know i got my tub from wal mart for 5 bucks good luck and have a nice day.

The mats are actually kinda rough on there skin too. Eco earth is better. Hiding spots are good too. Keep a spray bottle of dechlorinaded water keep the humidity levels up.

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm going to to put the eco earth back in tomorrow, that is if Fiona will go to sleep and let me do my thing in the bottom of the tank. BlueisallIneed....sorry for your recent loss, your frogs are ADORABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I'm going to to put the eco earth back in tomorrow, that is if Fiona will go to sleep and let me do my thing in the bottom of the tank. BlueisallIneed....sorry for your recent loss, your frogs are ADORABLE!
    Thats good, I think Fiona will enjoy it more , and thank you very much

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Nationality
    [United States]

Fiona finally decided to go to sleep today so I was able to change their substrate. I think I figured out what's been keeping her up, there were 3 uneaten crickets hiding in the plants. So crickets gone, eco earth back in and two happy frogs sleeping together again!

Name:  IMG_2038.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  81.8 KBName:  IMG_2039.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  59.1 KB

Awesome good to hear! They are so cute!!!

Wicked frogs

They look happy

Nationality
    [United States]

OH BOY do I have one MAD frog! Shrek II pounced on a cricket that escaped the glass bowl and he got a mouth full of substrate! He completely freaked out jumped on the glass trying to spit it out, climbed all the way to the top of the tank and jumped to the plant. Now he is sitting with his back to me as he spits out coconut fibers and wipes his face!

mrzoggs

mine seem to be pretty good at pulling it out of their mouth when they get a mouthful. i have recently switched mine over to a feeding dish. it is much easier for them. i use a small pyrex glass bowl from the dollar tree. it was like 3 of them for $1 on the tubberwear isle. since i did that they eat more because they dont have to hunt them down, theyve gained weight, ive used less crickets because they dont all die in the tank, less clean up. everything has been much better since bowl feeding. plus they dont get a mouthfull of anything. you can also keep count of how many they are eating. plenty of plus sides to bowl feeding. i have red eye tree frogs so i dont know much about your frogs. but it might be worth a shot

Nationality
    [United States]

I do use a glass bowl to feed, it works great. I got the idea from reading the forums, who knew they couldn't get out of a glass bowl?! I had one somewhat smart cricket that decided to crawl onto the back of one of the frogs and then jump out. They both ended up getting a mouth full of substrate but after their pouting fits they are back fighting over who gets the last cricket.

Thread Information