Thread: My pacman frog cant move his back legs??

Owen

Default My pacman frog cant move his back legs??

Hello.,my alibino pacman have something wrong with his back legs i think..when i take him out for a soak ..he only using his front leg to swim..his back leg is not moving at all..normally he will do the frog style but no more..i dont know what wrong with his back legs...he cant even burrow himself now and i need to dig one for him..i few days later i take him out for another soak..this time he is back to normal...then few days later his back legs cant move agn....whats wrong...i put him on the water bowl.normally after a while he get out n burrow but this time...he turned turtle in the bowl and cant get back up...and it scared the **** out of me...he cant seem to move his back legs agn..

So far he is still eating very well..i been feeding him the pacman food powder thingy..whats wrong with his legs..it seems fine and fatty to me..my coco fiber is a bit wet already but that cant poaaibly cost my frog back legs to go offline??Now he hardly move from the hole which i dig for him..,he even poop there and still remain there...normally after he poop he will change location ...seems like he cant move his back legs..i am out of ideas...why cant he move his back legs..He did move it once before then now its back offline again..this had been more than a month and i am getting worried..he is still eating well .just cant move his back legs...help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My pacman frog cant move his back legs??

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Answer these questions and repost them here so we can better assist you.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Hello.,my alibino pacman have something wrong with his back legs i think..when i take him out for a soak ..he only using his front leg to swim..his back leg is not moving at all..normally he will do the frog style but no more..i dont know what wrong with his back legs...he cant even burrow himself now and i need to dig one for him..i few days later i take him out for another soak..this time he is back to normal...then few days later his back legs cant move agn....whats wrong...i put him on the water bowl.normally after a while he get out n burrow but this time...he turned turtle in the bowl and cant get back up...and it scared the **** out of me...he cant seem to move his back legs agn..

So far he is still eating very well..i been feeding him the pacman food powder thingy..whats wrong with his legs..it seems fine and fatty to me..my coco fiber is a bit wet already but that cant poaaibly cost my frog back legs to go offline??Now he hardly move from the hole which i dig for him..,he even poop there and still remain there...normally after he poop he will change location ...seems like he cant move his back legs..i am out of ideas...why cant he move his back legs..He did move it once before then now its back offline again..this had been more than a month and i am getting worried..he is still eating well .just cant move his back legs...help
    Rear leg paralysis is generally due to eating too large of a food item.

Nationality
    [United States]

Follow the post listed about by Grif, answer the questions here, and we can help you out.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Owen

ok,problem solved...by it self =.=..

he just poop a huge load of ****...now his legs is moving fine again...

i dont think i feed him too large food source?.....i been feeding him that pacman food for nearly 2 month now(last time roaches/meal worm) ....isnt those food perfect for the frogs?....easy to digest/vitamin etc etc..i never feed any pinky/rats to my albino before...

or maybe the ball i make is way too big ?...well..after he poop a whole **** load...both his legs are working fine again....

Nationality
    [United States]

ok,problem solved...by it self =.=..

he just poop a huge load of ****...now his legs is moving fine again...

i dont think i feed him too large food source?.....i been feeding him that pacman food for nearly 2 month now(last time roaches/meal worm) ....isnt those food perfect for the frogs?....easy to digest/vitamin etc etc..i never feed any pinky/rats to my albino before...

or maybe the ball i make is way too big ?...well..after he poop a whole **** load...both his legs are working fine again....
    Stop feeding him mealworms. They are high risk for impaction. When feeding the Pacman Food make sure you are not feeding too large of a piece or multiple large pieces. They should be easily able to fit in the frogs mouth and swallowed. Also try to make sure that if your frog is an adult that you skip feeding for a day or two. Their growth slows drastically as adults and their metabolism will as well so they do not digest food as fast. If offering everyday feed smaller portions.

Try not to feed adult Dubias especially females due to they being quite large and their exoskeleton being far more developed than nymphs. Night Crawlers or earthworms are the best staple food. Easily digested and they keep the frogs poop soft so they pass it easily. Variety is still good, but be careful how much how often you feed an adult as well as the size of the portions.

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Stop feeding him mealworms. They are high risk for impaction. When feeding the Pacman Food make sure you are not feeding too large of a piece or multiple large pieces. They should be easily able to fit in the frogs mouth and swallowed. Also try to make sure that if your frog is an adult that you skip feeding for a day or two. Their growth slows drastically as adults and their metabolism will as well so they do not digest food as fast. If offering everyday feed smaller portions.

Try not to feed adult Dubias especially females due to they being quite large and their exoskeleton being far more developed than nymphs. Night Crawlers or earthworms are the best staple food. Easily digested and they keep the frogs poop soft so they pass it easily. Variety is still good, but be careful how much how often you feed an adult as well as the size of the portions.
    emm..i feed him like around once a week only...but like for pacman food...like 2-3 balls for that one feeding.....ever since i use Pacman food..i haven really been feeding any insect at all...is that ok?..isnt pacman food sufficient?..(not to mention no need to take care of the live stock of bugs) lol

Nationality
    [United States]

emm..i feed him like around once a week only...but like for pacman food...like 2-3 balls for that one feeding.....ever since i use Pacman food..i haven really been feeding any insect at all...is that ok?..isnt pacman food sufficient?..(not to mention no need to take care of the live stock of bugs) lol
    It is supposed to be an all in one food source, but I'm skeptical about it. I feel it is better to offer your frog more variety because I almost certain that they receive far better nutrition from a varied diet of live insects and other invertebrates than that food provides. It is a good treat to offer them, but what happens if the food for some reason becomes unavailable and that is all your frog will eat? It is possible to somewhat copy the recipe,but if for some reason you can no longer buy it what will you do? Some frogs won't even accept the Pac Food at all and Pacman Frogs are notorious for refusing other food items if raised on one specific food source. Just some food for thought.

Thread Information