Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me my frog has a greenish weird lump on her stomach.

KINGblackPHINEX

Default Please help me my frog has a greenish weird lump on her stomach.

ok i bought my frog and it never showed any sighs of it being unhealthy ever it always had an appetite and always acted like a normal pacman frog. i have had her for about 2 months and just recently the past maybe 3 weeks or so i have noticed this greenish discolored lump on her one side i kind felt it (massaged it) and it felt squisy in some parts but hard in others.... and i saw her moving it from one side of her stomach to another she was acting like it was bothering her like she knows its there she was trying to pull it off with her legs pushing it but having no success because it is inside of her body.. and i was just wondering if someone could help me identify what this is or what but she has been eating right and acting normal has a very good appetitei feed her 2-3 crickets everyother day dusted every week and she has been pooping good to.. but recently she tried pooping and did a little bit and she was pushing still trying to go but i dk if she is costipated or what..... only a small amount of poo came out... she does not show any sighs of it hurting either when i touch it or inspect it the humidty levels are good 70% most of the time and she has a open water source for her to enjoy along with lowest temp of 75F and highest 85F..... i use terratorium plantation soil for her substrate so i was wondering if someone could help me idtentify this lump and tell me if she is going to be ok or if it is a tumor she can live with but will look odd on her forever or what on these pictures the lump does not look that big becuase for some ungodly reason sometimes it pokes out more and sometimes it only pokes out a little if someone could help me with this it would be very much appreciated thankyou.

Name:  100_0305[1].jpg
Views: 3002
Size:  71.6 KBName:  100_0309[1].jpg
Views: 2080
Size:  59.9 KBName:  100_0307[1].jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  55.0 KBName:  100_0306[1].jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  61.6 KB

P.S. if you need better pictures of the lump i will do so just ask.
    Last edited by KINGblackPHINEX; June 13th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Please help me my frog has a greenish weird lump on her stomach.

What you're looking at is her stomach........looks like she swallowed some substrate. give her a warm soak in de-chlorinated water with a drop of honey in it........just deep enough to come up to her chin. Do that for a good 10 minutes. The honey works as a laxative and will hopefully help. If it is a bad impaction, you need a vet.

Good Luck!!

KINGblackPHINEX

ok i have a question what kind of honey does it have to be specific or what because i am kind of new to this and another question.... how hot should the water be just a luke warm? like what i would consider warm? or room temp?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by KINGblackPHINEX View Post
    ok i have a question what kind of honey does it have to be specific or what because i am kind of new to this and another question.... how hot should the water be just a luke warm? like what i would consider warm? or room temp?
    Brand doesn't matter, but natural is best. Just don't use flavored honey or any of the weird spreads.

KINGblackPHINEX

so golden nectar pure honey would be perfectlly fine and she is soaking right now as we speak i hope it helps i had to dig her out of her burrow i hope im not stressing her out to much because i dug her out another time for taking the pictures.... if she is to stressed she will hiss when i go to pick her up right?

Nationality
    [United States]

so golden nectar pure honey would be perfectlly fine and she is soaking right now as we speak i hope it helps i had to dig her out of her burrow i hope im not stressing her out to much because i dug her out another time for taking the pictures.... if she is to stressed she will hiss when i go to pick her up right?
    Regular honey is fine. She will be stressed some. The best way to pick them up is by scooping them up from behind. It is the least stressful way to do so. Just move the substrate away from her body avoiding her face and scoop her up from directly behind her gently. Once she is in your hand you have to make sure she doesn't jump out. Water should be Luke warm or slightly warm to the touch. You can place 2 or 3 drops in the water and stir it so the honey dissolves. Then place the frog in the bath. You can do this in a bowl outside of her enclosure. try not to have the room you're doing it in very brightly lit and place the bowl on the floor with paper towels that have been dampened under the bowl. This way if your frog resided to jump out it won't be injured from a high fall.

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Regular honey is fine. She will be stressed some. The best way to pick them up is by scooping them up from behind. It is the least stressful way to do so. Just move the substrate away from her body avoiding her face and Advil her up from directly behind her gently. Once she is in your hand you have to make sure she doesn't jump out. Water should be Luke warm or slightly warm to the touch. You can place 2 or 3 drops in the water and stir it so the honey dissolves. Then place the frog in the bath. You can do this in a bowl outside of her enclosure. try not to have the room you're doing it in very brightly lit and place the bowl on the floor with paper towels that have been dampened under the bowl. This way if your frog resided to jump out it won't be injured from a high fall.

"Advil her up"?!!??!?!
    I do so LOVE your auto-correct!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    "Advil her up"?!!??!?!
    I do so LOVE your auto-correct!!!
    BAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Its terrible. I'm so glad you caught that. I corrected it. I don't believe drugging up the frog is really going to help at all. I HATE my auto-correct.

KINGblackPHINEX

yes this is how i always pick her up but do you think this is impaction forsure? and if it is, is there any other way i could help her use the restroom without doing this, i did it but i was wondering if there was also another way i could help her use the restroom and the whole time i have had her i have only seen her use the restroom in the waterbowl wich i would put her in it after i changed her cage. so you think she would use the bathroom outside of it and if she did how would i know fersure? would she move if she used the bathroom in her burrow or what? and how much sure are you that this is impaction? and another question how often should she go #2? if i feed her 2-3 crickets every other day...? i know im asking a lot of quesitons but this is my first pacman ever and i do not want it to die... one last question how often can i do the honey baths?

Nationality
    [United States]

yes this is how i always pick her up but do you think this is impaction forsure? and if it is, is there any other way i could help her use the restroom without doing this, i did it but i was wondering if there was also another way i could help her use the restroom and the whole time i have had her i have only seen her use the restroom in the waterbowl wich i would put her in it after i changed her cage. so you think she would use the bathroom outside of it and if she did how would i know fersure? would she move if she used the bathroom in her burrow or what? and how much sure are you that this is impaction? and another question how often should she go #2? if i feed her 2-3 crickets every other day...? i know im asking a lot of quesitons but this is my first pacman ever and i do not want it to die... one last question how often can i do the honey baths?
    You should only put honey in the bath no more than twice a week. The rest of the soaks should just be Luke warm de-chlorinated water. I'm not entirely sure that its full blown impaction. Its probably just mild constipation. You can add honey to her water dish ad do the baths in her home, but be sure that you change the honey water solution back to regular de-chlorinated water before you go to bed so she has clean fresh water. With only feeding 3 crickets every other day she may go only once a week. Depending on how large the crickets are you could up the intake of your frog. Babies and juveniles can be Fed daily. Normal bowel movements can also vary from frog to frog. Usually from every other day up to once a week depending on food intake.

The only other 2 ways to help impaction or mild constipation is one-year Go out and buy some Fluker's Repta-Aid and administer a proper dose to the frog according to weight. This is stressful and does not always work for serious impaction.

2- Go to a vet that specializes in Amphibians and get some liquid laxatives. Also stressful because like the Repta-Aid it must be administered orally which is just as stressful as force feeding.

KINGblackPHINEX

ok i hope this helps i just asked my mom and im going to try to get some tomarrow i sure hope it helps her use the bathroom so i can stop worrying. also i would go to a amphibian vet but there is none by me only animal vets. and sadly i have to pay for things my self and having no income since im 17 only and no job i have a limited amount of like 100$ i can spend so how much would a vet visit be and to get the stuff for her?

Nationality
    [United States]

ok i hope this helps i just asked my mom and im going to try to get some tomarrow i sure hope it helps her use the bathroom so i can stop worrying. also i would go to a amphibian vet but there is none by me only animal vets. and sadly i have to pay for things my self and having no income since im 17 only and no job i have a limited amount of like 100$ i can spend so how much would a vet visit be and to get the stuff for her?
    Pacman Frogs are an exotic pet and most vets that treat Herps charge and exotic pet fee just for the animal to be seen. This charge can be anywhere from $45.00 up to and possibly more than $100.00. Some vets set there own cost for the fee.

KINGblackPHINEX

wow that is quiet disapointing i hope though to god she will be ok thanks for all your help im going to buy some of the repti aid tomarrow. If you guys want ill keep you guys posted

IvoryReptiles

We've also found that when we feed crickets more than 3 times in a row, our frogs get a little stopped up.....a piece or two of earthworm usually does the trick and moves it on out. I guess the slime on the worms can be a subtle laxative as well.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    We've also found that when we feed crickets more than 3 times in a row, our frogs get a little stopped up.....a piece or two of earthworm usually does the trick and moves it on out. I guess the slime on the worms can be a subtle laxative as well.
    They help pass pinky mice too

KINGblackPHINEX

would you guys recommend feeding her outside of her cage or should i keep her in it and feed her because i want her to live as healthy and long as possible

Nationality
    [United States]

would you guys recommend feeding her outside of her cage or should i keep her in it and feed her because i want her to live as healthy and long as possible
    If she feels more comfortable in her home then it would be best and less stressful to feed her in her enclosure.

KINGblackPHINEX

now i have yet another question ok when i give her this flukes repti aid should i still feed her the usual 2-3 crickets along with a worm or should i do maybe 1 cricket and a worm? or just a worm i do not want to over feed sorry about all the questions i just over worry

Nationality
    [United States]

now i have yet another question ok when i give her this flukes repti aid should i still feed her the usual 2-3 crickets along with a worm or should i do maybe 1 cricket and a worm? or just a worm i do not want to over feed sorry about all the questions i just over worry
    Just worms. If you frog is large enough to handle a whole night crawler preferably a smaller one just give her one for tonight with the Repta-Aid.

IvoryReptiles

My frogs will eat worms until they are full. They know when they are full. I would go with just worms for a while until she at least passes whatever is in her tummy now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information