Thread: Helppppp mee!!!!!!

pacmanspike1

Default Helppppp mee!!!!!!

So my baby pac man frog has been healthy till no idk what to do about it .. Ok she hasnt been moving her left leg for about 2 days now and when we checked it just tucked under her body but she is useing her other leg and she keeps on missing the crickets i try to feed hershe use to be ablr to get them with no problem but now she cant .... Any advice on what can be going on ????????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Helppppp mee!!!!!!

Take a look at this page and answer the questions please. Then we have a starting point and can maybe help with some advice.

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Do as Jess has asked. We need more information in order to assist you.

pacmanspike1

1. Size of enclosure: its 5.5 gallons
    2. # of inhabitants: she the onlu one in the enclosure
    3. Humidity: around 65 0r 70
    4. Temperature75 to 80
    5. Water - type -: i use bottle or water for soaking and misting
    6. Materials used for substrate: i use ecoearth for substrate
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials: i have moss in there a water dish and a bark tunnle where she hides
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv: the same
    8. Main food source: crickets
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often): a baby pinky at the end of the month and dust cricket
    10. Lighting:a lil bit of lighting during the day and dark at night
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure:im useing a zoomed heat padto mentain tep
    12. When is the last time he/she ate: she ate about a day ago
    13. Have you found poop lately:about 4 or 5 ago
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
    15. How old is the frog:not sure
    16. How long have you owned him/her:i owned her for about 4 months
    17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred:captive bread
    18. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats. pinkies
    19. How often the frog is handle: once every 3 and half weeks when i clean the cage
    20. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area:mild traffic
    21. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)clean it every 31/2 weeks but always picks up poop and clean watter dishevry 2 days

IvoryReptiles

It could simply be she is constipated. Try the honey soak and let us know how she does. One more thing.....try to get the humidity up higher. If she just ate a day ago, she is digesting what she's eaten. The warm honey soak should do the trick. Just a drop of honey in warm water. Make sure your bottled water is NOT distilled water.

pacmanspike1

ok but how do i go about rasing the humidty and does her diguesting her food can that be leand to not using her left legg

IvoryReptiles

Sorry!!! Got my posts mixed up!!
    Okay.....please include a picture of the frog if possible. The loss of the use of the leg could be related to stress, injury, or could even be genetic issues. We need a picture to get a better idea.

Again, sorry about getting mixed up!!

pacmanspike1

ok i tryed to send a pic but it isnt coming out so idk what to do but she eating and moving around but not with that legg

Nationality
    [United States]

Definitely raise the humidity and post a pic. Is the 5.5 gallon a plastic critter keeper or glass tank?

Nationality
    [United States]

I don't have any advice for the leg, but if you have a glass tank with a screen lid, you can put plastic wrap around part of the lid (about 2/3) to help keep in humidity. Try not to put it on air-tight though. It should still help keep things humid even if it's a little bit loose.

pacmanspike1

yea iys a glass tank and i already have half coverd up and humudity is near 75 and i mist every day and i have the fogger system

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanspike1 View Post
    yea iys a glass tank and i already have half coverd up and humudity is near 75 and i mist every day and i have the fogger system
    Try and offer her pieces of night crawler. no longer than 1". These pieces you can lay close to her and they can't run away so if she will eat them they will be easy prey and your worries about her eating will be over for now. Hopefully as she matures the leg will regain mobility.

pacmanspike1

ok i will try the worms see if she eats them so do u think she will evr get her leg to move again and if she is eating do ut hink she will be ok ?

IvoryReptiles

We can't predict anything about the leg Sweetie. It may just be an injury. But we are not vets that have examined the frog, so all we can do is speculate. If the frogs is active & eating well and passing waste well, then it should hopefully be fine.

Thread Information