Thread: Greetings from Taiwan

Default Greetings from Taiwan

Howdy all,

So I just joined the forum. I'm currently living and working in Taiwan, though a native of the UK. I had a childhood interest in frogs and newts which seems to resurface every few years in adult life. I'm currently, once again, in the grip!

Anyway, I find myself in a country with quite a wide range of wild amphibian life. At least thirty-two species of Anura (maybe substantially more ... there seems to be debate as to whether some populations are actually separate species), and five species of salamander. I'm not keeping any as pets, but I do go out to the nearby hills and forests on rainy evenings to try to spot them. I'm up to (I think) 15 species of Anura now. I'll post some photos when I have the time ... there are some real beauties out there!

Taiwan is also the southernmost extent of salamanders, but you have to get up to 3,000 metres or so to see them. That's my next project!

My other interest, which is taking a bit of a back seat at the moment, is carnivorous plants. I keep a moderate selection out on the balcony and occasionally travel to other countries to see them in their natural habitat.

Once again, nice to be here!

Froggiefressh

Default Re: Greetings from Taiwan

Welcome to the forum. Myself and the other members would love to see your photography =)

Thread Information