Thread: Lighting on Screen or on glass covered screen portion

adamfajge

Default Lighting on Screen or on glass covered screen portion

I have the back half of screen covered with plexiglass. SHould I have might lighting over the front half with the screen or the back half with the plexiglass. The tank will probably not get as warm if its over the plexiglass. I thought the screen in front will give better ventilation without the light on it.
    Any opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mrzoggs

Default Re: Lighting on Screen or on glass covered screen portion

i dont really understand what your saying. i cant really picture what the tank looks like and i dont know what "should i have might lighting" means.

i dont even use a heat lamp on my red eyes. and i know plenty of very succesful red eye owners who dont use a heat lamp. your houses temperature should be about right. they do not NEED to be kept over 80 degrees during the day. in the wild they dont have perfect temperatures all day every day ya know?

what are you temperatures reading inside the tank? and outside your tank?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I think perhaps that was a typo and they meant to ask about NIGHT lighting?

mrzoggs

idk because he sent the same thing to me in a message. if you meant night lighting.....then sure put it wherever youd like. whatever you have to do to keep the temperature up. but like i said...they dont NEED light. they can live perfectly fine without it. if you keep your house temperature at 68 degrees F all day every day then yes put a heat lamp on them. but i myself do not keep it that cold in my house. just a normal temperature. which is fine for them. and put your light over your screen. plexi glass might melt idk. i think itd be best over the screen...

adamfajge

Quote Originally Posted by mrzoggs View Post
    i dont really understand what your saying. i cant really picture what the tank looks like and i dont know what "should i have might lighting" means.

i dont even use a heat lamp on my red eyes. and i know plenty of very succesful red eye owners who dont use a heat lamp. your houses temperature should be about right. they do not NEED to be kept over 80 degrees during the day. in the wild they dont have perfect temperatures all day every day ya know?

what are you temperatures reading inside the tank? and outside your tank?
    I meant to say "Should I have my lighting directly over the screen part on top of tank or on the plexiglass covered screen part on top of the tank?" I will get less UV rays if it is over the plexiglass but the tank might be a little cooler.

mrzoggs

im not sure if the frog is actually too worried about getting some uv rays. but i wouldnt put a heat lamp on plexi glass just because it might warp/melt it. ive never had plexi glass so i wouldnt know. i would only put a lamp on the screen. if you need to cool your tank down just dont use a light. the only light i have hooked up is a compact fllourescent bulb. it doesnt change the temperature of my tank at all. maybe 1 degree max. and i use it for a day light. once it starts getting dark outside i switch it off.

Thread Information