Thread: Started a Terrarium a few years back, loved it....looking to getting into Posion dart frogs...

Chris Craven

Default Started a Terrarium a few years back, loved it....looking to getting into Posion dart frogs...

I have started a terrarium when i was 16, took a little bit of work to get it to work, and learned alot about patience and ballance. I have started off with 2 blue dumphies, 6 green tree frogs. I set up my tank ran it for 2 weeks, then overloaded the tank with 8 frogs to start. Lost them all within a month....disease ......did researched, and reset the tank up with fire bellied newts, fire bellied toads, and slowly introdused the green tree frogs, ended up with 8 green tree 3 fire bellied newts, and 3 fire bellied toads. The tank self sustained for 1 year before i left for the airforce. i kept my own small 1 gallon tank for crickets. I am now out of the airforce and no longer mobile, so i was thinking about getting back into frogs. I love the green tree frogs, but they are only active at night (not a big deal) but i think i would like to move up (maybe) and have looked at posion dart frogs. THEY ARE SO COLORFUL.....i know they are posionus only in the wild, captive bred, or even wild caught and then captive sold they are no longer posionios (is this 100% no posion....or very small concentration it doesnt effect the tank?). I have done some reading in the forums here and liked the info the members here have. So i decided to pick yall brains, Fruit Flies are the food for posion dart...best to cultivate them and feed (??) and what is they best way to set up the terraium (or viquaruim) i was thinking about setting up a viquarium in a 35 gallon tank...could i set up this tank with fire bellied newts/toads.....other frogs or should it just be posion dart frogs.....if just posion dart can i mix the species or is it best to stay with one species of posion dart??? I am sooo looking for help....thank you very much all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information